Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, who is going to see this opening night.? Several of our friends, including Porter and Scooby South are going on Wednesday night. I can hardly wait.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, there are going to be seven of us, so I went last week and bought the tickets. No need to stand in line for hours on end.

:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ha, I ownz0r all over you guys in the JRR department! I'm getting in line after work today for a midnight show tonight.

Ross N.

Tolkien Geekboy

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We would have been going to a midnight show, but there are none in Asheville, but I still hate you anyway.

J/K

I love you man

·
Registered
190 Posts
I knew I should of ordered advance tickets, because I tried to get some for this Friday....and I'm having trouble. Argh!!

Oh well...I'll watch it next week, when the crowds die down(unlikely if there are repeat watchers).

Anyone else wearing elf ears to the movie theatre...or is it just me? LOL

Ben the geek

·
Registered
358 Posts
if you haven't read the book and don't know it's a continuing thing through 3 parts, the end kinda lets you down. overall it was visually cool but supposidly they cut a lot of stuff out that would have allowed it to make more sense. but really, it's already 3 hours long... so why not add a few lines here an there. :biggest:

·
Registered
19 Posts
The movie is great. Sweeping vistas, incredible acting, and great sound. I've read the books plenty of times, but some of the scenes still had me thinking, "There's no way they're getting out of this." The Shire: perfect. Moria: spot on. The Eye: Oh. My. God.

The movie was definitely streamlined to get rid of most of the stuff that didn't directly advance the plot. I'm fine with that, because it's much harder to sell the idea of six movies that are all five hours long.

Also, there was only one line in the entire movie that was overly cheesy. Well, maybe two, but Gimli I'll forgive because it WAS funny.

Note to self: Do NOT mess with an elf. Legolas is truly astounding when it comes to matters of death-dealing.

They had a trivia contest before our midnight showing, and I won a Gandalf poseable figure with LIGHT UP STAFF ACTION! Woo!

·
Registered
75 Posts
We are probably heading out on saturday in the afternoon to see it. most matinees probably arent sold out so i want to go around noon. I cant wait to see it. I just hope i dont fall asleep with it being so long!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

That movie rocked so much I have seen it twice now. And Grimlock is correct, Legolas is one BAD MF (Mirkwood Fairfolk)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fuck that was a good movie. Just saw it (missed out on premiere night).

It was worth the hour's drive both ways and getting home at 2AM from a 10PM show. Wish they would start putting Laz-E-Boy recliners in theators though instead of those rigid seats.

Killer movie, I only saw a few flaws with the animation and those were primarily under the mountain. I can excuse those errors because of how simply freakin awesome that city was.

EDIT-

Almost forgot to say that the camera work was to die for.

·
DemodderedOGmoss
05 LGT, 06 WRX wag, ZX6R
4,654 Posts
This movie got two thumbs up from me :) I saw it last night and it was awsome. I almost keeled over when I walked out of the theatre and some girl goes "I didn't like how it just ended, but I'm glad it's over..." I wanted to say..."You realize there's more of these movies comming don't you, YOU MORON!" And they need to put more comfortable seats in the theatres... look how much we (I paid $8.25) for tickets !

·
Registered
161 Posts
My first post on these boards and it had to be here :) It was a great movie IMO, I was ready to sit another 3 hours when it ended. I was honestly astounded by all the Elves, they were simply breathtaking, along with the vista shots and most of the animation. The one thing that it took me a minute to realize was the actor who played Elrond. I about fell out of my seat when I realized who it was. PERFECT! Absolutly perfect casting of that part. All in all I can say I can't wait for the rest of the series.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts