Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5ts
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i am looking for new parts and wanted to ask you guys for some recommendations, i am on the hunt for some new coil over's a new exhaust and some new rims
also would the wrx parts for the 2002 be interchangeable for my car? just wondering because everywhere i search comes up with wrx parts and knowing this isnt a normal 2.0l that the impreza usually has im just really not sure
(Ill upload a picture of the 2.5ts tomorrow)

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
907 Posts
You get what you pay for with coilovers. Just get the ones you can afford.

What other WRX parts are you wondering about?

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,651 Posts
You would need wrx wagon suspension parts because the rear strut mounts are different. You can swap over the top hats from the sedan struts but that's Level 2 stuff.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5ts
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You get what you pay for with coilovers. Just get the ones you can afford.

What other WRX parts are you wondering about?
i was also wondering about if its possible to swap my impreza from a front mount intercooler to a top mount?.
also do you know if it has been done before?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
907 Posts
I'm going on the assumption that your 2.5TS is not currently turbocharged, right? If it's not, then you don't have a front mount intercooler.

Matty2hotty made a top mount "interfooler" back in the day. It just had a filter box the correct size to catch air through the scoop. Unlike a WRX, that also let water straight into the engine when it rained.

You could theoretically get a WRX top mount to work in an NA with a bunch of custom piping, but it would also either be a restriction or a draw compared to stock intake. Your car should use a MAP sensor (instead of a MAF) so messing with the intact tract doesn't mess up how it runs unlike a MAF car.

If you do in fact have a turbocharged 2.5TS car, then yes, you can absolutely switch to a WRX or STI topmount.

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,651 Posts
YEAH I agree with Mike. Top mount intercoolers I've read are good for up to at least 400WHP and people running less than those numbers with a FMIC are just doing it to be flashy or want a scoopless hood (the turbo lag is significant). Since they came with a top mount intercooler from the factory, it's much easier to keep that set-up if you are turbocharging the car with a somewhat stock size turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts