Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been down the light bar path before, and decided that I didn't like the look of the big protruding bar, or at least not on my car. I sold the bar I had, but now I am left with 2 Hella 500's and all the wiring done in my car. I'm looking for some way to mount them into my bumper without damaging the bumper at all, but so they're not completely sticking out of the front, but rather recessed a little bit. I have a v1-4 JDM bumper with the JDM beam.

Has anybody done or seen anybody do something like this?

·
...Lower it
01 Aspen Ej205'd RS
7,013 Posts
Well you could easily mount them in the middle/opening. you will have to drill 2 holes but no big deal.

theres a diy on here

·
Read Only
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen that one while the pictures still worked. The thing with that bumper is that the licence plate mount sticks way out in front. On the JDM bumper/beam my mount is behind the grille that's built into the bumper. In order for me to mount to that i'd have to build something first that extends it out to in front of that grille, which is what I think i'm going to have to end up doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.