1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for beta testers....

Hey,

Since you freaks are on here a lot, I figured I could ask you to try out this new toy of mine. I am considering installing a chat server on the web site. So, first, post your impression of a live chat server and what you think about it.

I do, of course, realize that it will limit the number of posts on the club in general, but it may also be good that it would allow "off-topic" conversations to go on, while more "legitimate" information would be posted on the site. But, can you think of any other issues I should know about? Good, bad, whatever, lemme hear about it.

So, after that, click here:

The Beta RS Club Chatroom

Edit:

It runs on HTTP ports 88 and 8080, so if you are behind a firewall it may not work. Also, if you are a registered RS Club member, it SHOULD log you in with all your info automatically. It seems buggy right now though. :(

PLEASE let me know if you have any problems with it.

Thanks!

-James

P.S. This software costs $700, so don't plan on this going live for several months! :lol:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's actually pretty cool - can I buy it? Run it on my server?

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really? Well, the free one will run up to 15 users, so I might develop it for a while, toss it up, and see what happens.

I found another one that is completely free, and I'll look into it as well. Even if no one uses it I am having fun. I am building a complete notification interface:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
akcel said:
lolz......yeah buncha koreans but its pretyt neat..heh
Very neat... but I was like... um, how come everyone is Asian but me? :confused:

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the eval version is free, and can handle 30 users simultaneously. I think I may convert the production server over to run this, and see how it goes.

I've recently taken to chat rooms and I think they are kinda cool. And this RealChat server is the best I can find, it's smooth, customizable, and works well. Play with it, and give me a while to get a page on the site pointing to it so maybe more people will actually be online at once.

Then, if it works out, I'll start saving my pennies. :D

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, cool. It turns out the "Enterprise" edition of this will allow people to log in using their RS Club username and passwords, so I can limit access to registered users if I want. And then I can make it remember who you are, that kind of stuff. It's really pretty cool.

The software site is www.RealChat.com and it looks like I can do all sorts of cool things with it.

So please, try it out, PM some buddies so you are all online at once, and let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It kicks you after 15 minutes of inactivity ... or maybe just 15 minutes. Like I said, it's just the evaluation version. Sorry! :(

·
It's not a GC
07 WRX Wag0nz
9,387 Posts
Dude I'm fucking game!!!!! hey would our post count???? :biggest: I'm trying to beat ackel at post counts!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts