Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve asked this before without any real awnsers but I’m looking to make my car better suspension wise other than coil overs what would you recommend?

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
661 Posts
Define "better," what's your budget, and what do you intend to use the car for?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s my daily I just want something that’s a little better than oem but reliable as well

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
276 Posts
Do you want your suspension to be stiffer, lower, raised. How many miles are on your current suspension? How much are you looking to spend for a "better" suspension or upgrade - what's your budget? The KYB GR2 replacement shocks are 15-20% stiffer than the OEM Suby shocks and are a direct replacement

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
661 Posts
KYB GR2 struts are my recommendation as well. I would recommend buying new instead of used.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
276 Posts
OEM should be fine. I always reuse mine unless I swap them out. The only vehicles I've swapped springs on were my WRX and now my RS, but it wasn't necessary, it was simply a performance upgrade.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay noted and orderEd I had one starting to go anyways, what do you guys think for control arms? Mine are slightly bent I’ve been meaning to replace but it’s so little bent I was still having good alignment, anything else that would improve it other than sway bars? I got some I’m waiting on

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
661 Posts
I don't really see control arms as a "handling" upgrade. If they are bent I would probably replace them with stock ones.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
276 Posts
Jesus, if you that your control arms are bent then definitely replace those at the same time you're replacing the front struts.

·
Registered
97 Imp OBS
272 Posts
Yep the chassis strengthening is amazing. My swapped gf8 has entire white line bushings front to back, bc coilovers, and 22mm front and rear sway bars. It's amazing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts