Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Choose the rim, that looks the coolest on my car (look at the image)

• FUSION [BLACK/MACHINED LIP]

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking for a new set of rims for my '05 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS:

I would like the RS communities' input on deciding out of a few of my favorites:

1)S.55/255 [Hyperblack]

2)FUSION [BLACK/MACHINED LIP]

3)941-FWD [GUN METAL/ML/MC]

4)KTUNE [BLACK/MACHINE LIP]

5)ES6 [GUNMETAL/MACHINE LIP]

If you decide to photoshop the rims onto my image of my car, post up the pic on this thread. And if you think you found cooler rims post up a link and a pic. (I just got new tires, so I'm gonna keep the rim at 16x7) Black and gunmetal is sweet!

·
Registered
1924 Rickshaw
18 Posts
I've always liked these. They're similar to your #1 but have more of a 3D effect and a bigger lip. They're called Stern ST-1. Pretty sure you can purchase them off of ebay.

·
Registered
2006 Impreza WRX Limited
2,603 Posts
none... I dislike all of those.

And they are not "RIMS" they are wheels.

·
Registered
95/99 Brighton STi
2,945 Posts
have you thought about painting your current rims and using the money elsewhere...lowering springs for example.

with that said, i agree with CheshireKat, too "busy". look for something a little simpler.

Subaru makes/made alot of nice wheels that came on legacy's, outback sports and even WRX and STi rims will fit and clash well.

Alot of the guys on here are about keeping it OEM, meaning they like factory subaru parts or aftermarket parts that subaru endorses

keep lookin!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup, i wasn't a huge fan of the chrome lips... guess i was on the wrong site cause I found the ones that I really like, simple 5-spoke that i really like with gunmetal.

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Sorry, but all those wheels look pretty much gross. They just remind me of cheap wheels you'd see on a Civic, especially in a small 16" size. My thought is that given that the GD is a larger car, 16's just look silly. I know you bought new tires but 17's or 18's look MUCH better and fill out the large wheel wells of the GD.

I think you have good color choices, but spend a bit more and get larger, less "busy" looking rims. You could always sell those tires here, or use your stock wheels with those tires for winter wheels, depending on where you live.

If you're looking to not spend a lot, which the wheels you've picked can't cost an obscene amount of money, check out Rota, as they're well-proven to look good on a Subaru. The ones you just posted look decent though. I love polished lips. But they don't look all that much different than stock GC RS 99 OEM wheels. So at least get 17".

Or just get what you want. After all it is your car.

/$.02

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry, but all those wheels look pretty much gross. They just remind me of cheap wheels you'd see on a Civic, especially in a small 16" size. My thought is that given that the GD is a larger car, 16's just look silly. I know you bought new tires but 17's or 18's look MUCH better and fill out the large wheel wells of the GD.

I think you have good color choices, but spend a bit more and get larger, less "busy" looking rims. You could always sell those tires here, or use your stock wheels with those tires for winter wheels, depending on where you live.

If you're looking to not spend a lot, which the wheels you've picked can't cost an obscene amount of money, check out Rota, as they're well-proven to look good on a Subaru. The ones you just posted look decent though. I love polished lips. But they don't look all that much different than stock GC RS 99 OEM wheels. So at least get 17".

Or just get what you want. After all it is your car.

/$.02
these rota's are pretty hott

·
Registered
2005 2.5rs Dark Blue
102 Posts
I have the same car as you, same color, same city, with 5 spoke gunmetal rims with a chrome lip (ADR Cypher). I'd appreciate it if you didn't ;). That being said, I can't really stop you from getting any of them, and I will tell you I love the color combo on my car, and I don't think anything else looks as good.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
Yeah, I don't think black with polished/chrome lip looks that great on dark blue cars...

But, out of those, here is the one I like the best:

...just a quicky :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts