Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every single one I have ever had has always corroded and gone to shit in a matter of weeks. I live in Florida and we get a lot of rain here, and with the combination of my 22b vents I'm aware that could be a problem. Also I've noticed the metal goes soft very quick and I can easily bend them.

Are there any places out there to get a decent terminal from that won't go weaksauce on me?

·
JBCUSTOMS
2001 Impreza 2.5RS STM
2,486 Posts
I use an optima redtop battery with gold plated terminals, top and side mounted terminals. Works awesome for me! But then again washington and florida arent exactly the same!

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
i heard that you can put grease on the terminals to help/stop the corroding. you have to load it up with grease but i have 22b vents to ;) and i am fine so far with nothing on the terminals. i have a duralast gold top battery. the grease makes it messy too.

maybe make a protective bracket that covers the top of the battery.

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
we used to use ACF-50 or Corrosion Block on the farm machinery...

Its not so bad out this way so I havent used it on the Impreza, but you just spray it on I think it lasts for a good year

·
Super Moderator
2000 Slingshot RS-T (Sold)
3,212 Posts
Yep. Grease them up.

Also. Are you running with that vent open? Just cover it back up if thats the case.

·
Premium Member
2007 FXT Sport
4,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. Grease them up.

Also. Are you running with that vent open? Just cover it back up if thats the case.
I'll try getting a new one and greasing it. Yes the vents are open, I can't use the backing plate with the 22B vent.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
1-don't get the lead type battery terminal, buy a brass or nickel plated brass one
2-grease the inside before clamping it on
3-buy a square of acrylic or lexan and make a small cover that bolts to your battery tie down, to deflect water from the vent
4- smile ftw

1 - 8 of 8 Posts