Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Impreza Brighton Coupe
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that the front knuckles of the Brighton / L could house the WRX front calipers if I got the brackets for the WRX. Is this true? If so I would like to know seeing as I can get all the needed parts for cheap at my work and have been dying to get better brakes.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I can get the whole wrx caliper with the bracket, pads, and rotors from work. Anything else for the front that I would need? as for the rear it would be a whole rear disc conversion and then the wrx brakes installed.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts

·
Registered
Wannabe JDM GF4
1,719 Posts
You should also change to a bigger master cylinder too, but not required. I want to swap to the bigger master cylinder on mine, the brakes are just to touchy without it. With the stock L MC its like, no brakes... no brakes... little bit of brakes... lock up lol. I did the rear swap too, so i am not sure if it will be the same on just your swap seeing how you are just doing the front.

I just did this swap on my 94l Unbolt old stuff install new stuff. Very simple swap, huge upgrade on the brakes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys. Also, if i swap out the MC would I have to pre bleed it or something?

and as for the rears, would WRX rear knuckles bolt RIGHT up to my rear suspension and the rear axles? or should I get the rear knuckles that have rear disc and go from there?

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5 rs gc6 jdm ej205
53 Posts
thanks guys. Also, if i swap out the MC would I have to pre bleed it or something?

and as for the rears, would WRX rear knuckles bolt RIGHT up to my rear suspension and the rear axles? or should I get the rear knuckles that have rear disc and go from there?
I would suggest always bench bleeding a MC (new or used) before install.

On my rs I upgraded the rear disk to the two pot by changing the dust shield/ backing plate assembly that mounts to the knuckle. I assume that the drum brake dust shield will unbolt from the knuckle the same way the disk one does. But I have not been able to find a part number for rear knuckles that was used on a car with drums and another with disks. So I don't know what differences there could be between a drum brake knuckle and a disk brake knuckle that would prevent a disk dust shield from mounting to a drum brake knuckle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.