Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Looking for 5 speed RA gears + STI engine

475 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  supermoose 
#1 ·
Looking for 5 speed RA gears and an STI engine.

Anyone have any ideas where to start looking?

#2 ·
First off, why would you just want gears? Secondly there's at least 6 different iterations of an RA gearbox dependant on year and trim. Third, there's probably at least 6 iterations of the STi engine as well in JDM land, USDM. You need to be more specific, if you want an ej20g, ej20k, ej207, ej257...etc.

And lastly, SEARCH.

#6 ·
Eid, change your damn 1.8 to a 2.5. I've got a 1.8 :letitout: and you need to remind me of why I need a power upgrade.

Any of the RA gearboxes will work wonders. Gearset will fit in any manual tranny, but the main failure from what I've heard is that the actual case has different gear oil paths, so it isn't lubricated the same way. I'm sure putting in a few extra ounces would solve that though.

#7 ·
actually, i would suggest NOT putting in extra oil. for engines yes, for gearboxes, baby bear porridge is just right.

Gearbox complete setups are differnt between 5 speed sti and 5 speed NA. perhaps start reading up on nasioc on RA gearset , they have the most documented installs (and failures due to install)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.