Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just recently bought a 1996 Subaru Impreza L Coupe. I’m looking to swap out the hood, grille, headlights, and the bumper for rs parts. I have seen a couple of videos and it doesn’t look like the job is that difficult besides having to cut the beam to fit the new bumper. Is there anything I’m missing? Also what do I need to do to put new fog lights in with the rs bumper. Thanks

·
www.jackstalk.com
‘98 RS, 911 Cab, CT6 TT, Escalade ESV
5,651 Posts
I would try to source a matching bumper beam if you can, when you cut the L bumper it really compromises the structural rigidity of the part. Youll also have to wire the blinkers and fog lights, the blinkers may need some sort of transistor/capacitor so they don't blink too rapidly from the change in wattage. I retrofitted the L bulbs into the RS blinker housings once and it worked but ir qas sorta ghetto.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would try to source a matching bumper beam if you can, when you cut the L bumper it really compromises the structural rigidity of the part. Youll also have to wire the blinkers and fog lights, the blinkers may need some sort of transistor/capacitor so they don't blink too rapidly from the change in wattage. I retrofitted the L bulbs into the RS blinker housings once and it worked but ir qas sorta ghetto.
Have you seen the japspec bumper frames, I still think if you cut the L bumper it's stronger than the japspec bumper 😳 you just need to chop the buttom half off

·
Registered
93 L Wagon 1.8L
645 Posts

Here’s mine! Feel free to ask away. Pretty much covered what you need to know.

1. Fog Lights can be run with stock wring if you’re willing to take the time. I bought a kit for them from a box store w/ relay for like $10.

2. RS Bumper Beam is different. You can cut the L Beam in half, as I did, but I’m watching for a beam from an RS to give fog lights stability.

Everything else should match up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts