Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all you 25 fans. Just would like to introduce myself.

Name is Chris, I own a lot of Hondas :devil: and co-own a Subaru crap can. When I say that I mean $400 Road race car. STORM knows us we are local and have known him for years. I actually put a LSD in a RS for him back in 2000 I think. rpone605 is one of our drivers

Been playing with all types of cars for close to 20 years main imports. I am part of a race team TFE Racing. We race Chump Car World Series.

This was taken at Road America in April 2011 We took 2nd Place

Then we beat the hell out of it at Virginia International Raceway in July :eek:mg: Did not finish...... 41st out of 83 cars without taking the checker

Put it back together with some TLC and a few BFH's and raced 25 hours straight at Nelson Ledges Road Course in Ohio. 17th out of 86 cars after we broke a clutch cable in the middle of the race and had to replace 2 Radiators in the middle of the race. We did the math and were estimated on time lost and laps to be fighting for first.

I wanted to introduce myself.
Our FB page is Your Page Title or search for Top Fool Elemonator. There are only 2 Subarus we have seen in the race series including us. WE are so close to a 1st place finish its not even funny!

In addition we are in the Search for a Champion Contest and could use some Subaru loving help for the community if you have 5 min. to register vote and leave us a comment. You can vote once per day. BTW its a kick ass video!
The Search for a Champion
Our Facebook event
Always a Champion Sponsor Contest | Facebook

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums!
You're pretty close to home from myself, I was out by Nelson Ledges today on my way to summit racing parts for my subaru no less!
Thanks for the Welcome We have big plans for 2012. Today we just yanked the motor and pulled the heads. New Steering rack and tie rods, PS pump and clutch cable.

PS it takes us about 30-40 mins to change an engine at the track LOL!

·
yep. you heard me.
‘18 E63s AMG wagon & 10 Subarus
6,473 Posts
ah stories of chump car! i love em, they never get old. a few friends local to me (oregon) run an old RX7 in chump car. i laughed pretty hard when i heard they did 2 engine swaps during a race weekend

looks like your impreza is holding up nicely! welcome to the forums :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah stories of chump car! i love em, they never get old. a few friends local to me (oregon) run an old RX7 in chump car. i laughed pretty hard when i heard they did 2 engine swaps during a race weekend

looks like your impreza is holding up nicely! welcome to the forums :)
Took us a year to work out the kinks in 2010.... 5 Engines later. Joining chump does not frown against freshening up an engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.