Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a long shot but I am trying to see if I can find first car. It was a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs. Going to work one morning a deer jumped out and I hit it going about 80mph. The damage was to the right front but the still drove fine. Insurance decided it was totaled. At the time I took the money and moved on to the next car. I believe this was in 2005. Fast forward 17yrs I just started looking for a similar rs for a project. I thought it would be cool to see if I could find my old rs. I know its a long shot but figured it worth trying. I'm going to get a carfax report

2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs
Vin# JF1GM6752YG400044
Wisonsin (Southeastern) car at the time (Jackson, Slinger, West bend)

One other thing is when I searched the Vin on google it took me to a s2000 forum where a guy with the name RaDZio asked about my olds cars vin.That was in 2005. RaDZio is also a member of RS25 but hasn't been active since 2006. He probably wont remember, but there a chance he could point me where he seen the car for sale. So if you know him help me get in contact with him.

Thanks

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Vehicle

This was the car

·
Registered
98 Black RS & 09 White FXT
261 Posts
Hope you find it, that would be an awesome story.

I had something along the same lines happen years ago, I originally had an 01 sedan back in 2009 and had an SPT catback from a GD sedan that I was going to install on it. A couple of months later, I get rear ended and the sedan is totaled. A friend buys it from me and fixes it and sells it off. I find a coupe that came with a borla exhaust so I didn't need the SPT catback anymore so a couple of years later I put it up for sale. Someone random responds and wants to pick up the catback and sure enough it was my old 01 sedan. It still even had the same stickers I had put on in 2009.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts