Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey rs25,does anyone in the DC area have any trusty shops to get some work done? I need to change the timing belt on my 98 OBS. i'll need a clutch soon as well. i'd love to do it myself, but i dont own the tools nor do i have the space :/

·
Registered
2001 RS-T/2015 XT
159 Posts
hey rs25,does anyone in the DC area have any trusty shops to get some work done? I need to change the timing belt on my 98 OBS. i'll need a clutch soon as well. i'd love to do it myself, but i dont own the tools nor do i have the space :/
Not sure where you are, but Mid-atlantic Speed and Custom in Boyce, VA has a ton of experience with GF and GC subies. They do lots of other stuff like mitsu's and turbo diesels, but Greg has a soft spot for classic Subarus.

·
Premium Member
2001 SRP 2.5RS/RA/SOHC Monster
2,734 Posts
The first time I replaced a timing belt on a Subaru I did it in a hotel parking lot with tools I purchased from the parts store that afternoon. I believe in you.

I'd try to find the local Subaru community and inquire there. There's typically a couple Subaru nuts in any one local I've found.

·
Registered
1999 OBS
28 Posts
I've been to both Andrewtech and DPS in Gaithersburg area. Both are quality shops, with awesome people. I was at Andrewtech just last month for a timing belt change. :) There's also a local Facebook community of GC/GF owners.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts