Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking at buying my first car. an 01 RS 2.5 with 109,000 MI, clean title. new wheels, The car seems to be very well taken care of well, stock red color. i rode with the owner and i was impressed how it could take the turns like it was no biggie. the clutch is old and i was thinking of replacing it with a new racing one like they had recommended. maintenance was logged and everything seemed legit.

she was asking 9.9 for it but would bump it down to 9k or lower even. Any suggestions, comments, recomendations?

Also, how long would this car last given i kept up with maintenance and didn't over rev it. i was looking to keep this car until it runs into the ground or sell it for a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
9,000 seems a little high for a stock RS with over 100k on it and it being in need of a new clutch...if it were 7000 or so then it'd be ideal...

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
I agree with Horizontal Bob, the price is too high for that mileage.

·
Hoopty King
2000 BRP 2.5RS/1994 Legacy SS
876 Posts
Definitely seems a little expensive, and I wouldn't throw anything stiffer than an ACT stg.2 clutch in a stock RS.

·
Registered
'00 RS | '05 Legacy
583 Posts
^ KBB is a bit low for the GC's though. It also depends on where you live. I just bought a 01 2.5RS, 1 owner, all OEM parts, 75k miles, complete service history for $9,250. The GC's at dealers around here go for $10-12.5k, crazy I know but the NW is the natural habitat of the Subaru. :D

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
2,274 Posts
Its just like how Supra's go for more than bluebook. A car is rare, people will pay more for it.

I'd pay like 8500 for that car, considering its the last year of the GC. Go ACT for clutch so if/when you swap you'll be fine. With maintenance it'll last a very long time.

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts
6000, and no higher. Thats what I would pay..considering you could get one with a clutch for 7. Or even just an LSTI or RSTI or somthing for a couple thousand more than 9.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts