Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Impreza 2.5iSE in Obsidia
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK a little background story here.. I am doing a group buy on a bunch of lips and such on my local site and was shipped an extra 02/03 Greddy Trust style lip. Was told by the supplier to do whatever with it..

So early last weekend a friend of mine and I have noticed a significant resemblance in one of the lips that I had sitting in my house and his bumper. Sunday he came back around to prep his car to drop it off at the body shop on Monday. We peeled off all the trims and such from the whole car, but that's a whole different story :rolleyes:.

In anyway, the lip that we thought fits pretty damn close is the 02-03 Greddy Trust style lip. At first it seemed to need very little modification. I never really did get it to fit proper because I have a complete lack of skills in this area but I can see exactly what needs to be done. Not to mention that I no longer have a dremmel and ended up using my grinder to trim the lip haha. I also ran out of time to make this lip fit. But would like to pass on the knowledge to those more willing to try this project for themselves. Maybe someone could make this into something as there is a a LOT of potential here I think. I'll let the pics do the talking from here. Post your comments, ideas, anything!

At first it didn't look too bad, and looked pretty close!

Then upon closer inspection I realized that the center piece had to be trimmed about that much on each side:

Did a "dry" test fit here to see the fitment.. Still some issues that needed to be resolved, but that's as far as I've got pretty much at this point...

In other words to summarize better... This lip has potential! It would require some work to make this work I think but I just don't have the time or the skill to do this (nor the tools either as it turns out :rolleyes:). I would only suggest someone who has some skill with this type of work to attack something like this. But would be pretty cool a GC with a one off lip!

Can't say I don't have love for GC's now, can ya :p. I miss my old wagon :( RIP :(

·
Registered
2007 Impreza 2.5iSE in Obsidia
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True.. But so many people have done so.. Some just look for ways to still look as good but be different I guess. That was the idea behind this test/idea :mamoru:

·
Registered
STi swapped SF5, WTF?
2,933 Posts
Interesting but that lip looks super snowplowish on "new age" cars let alone a GC.

·
I <3 JDM
GC8 + GF + GG
5,166 Posts
True.. But so many people have done so.. Some just look for ways to still look as good but be different I guess. That was the idea behind this test/idea :mamoru:
+1... there is one thread from supermoose saying that V5/6 front bumper is rice cuz everybody is going for that look...this would make a good project...i saw another great lip for L bumper but i have no idea what it is:confused:

·
You can't see me!
bon 12
4,924 Posts
Caddesigns had a baller front lip on his car for a while but I lost the photo of it. It is for the 98 bumper (assuming its the same for canadians?)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Looks like a decent idea for someone who has some body work skills, but the only part that bugs me is that the recessed area along the middle is designed to line up with the opening "mouth" of the 02-03 front bumper. The RS center is smaller it seems, so the indents that come up on the side just sort of disappear into the vertical parts on the front bumper.

·
Registered
2000 RS
1,041 Posts
how far off was it as far as outer dimensions? it looks a little wide and deep; how much exactly is it too wide and too deep? i want to see if i can get a V-limited to fit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts