Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mmkay, I'm just trying to get an overview of the exhaust work I'm going to need to have done here, so I have a couple questions. First, the Link isn't an OBDII ECU, so I won't really need a catalytic converter will I? Since I wont need to worry about catalytic inefficiency CE lights. Second, cat or no cat, I'll only need 1 O2 sensor right? The narrow band after the cat? I have a 2000RS BTW.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well according to one of the vendors who sells the Link Plus a wideband O2 sensor Lambda Link will be out soon so you might want to look into it since its alot more accurate.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I heard about that, but I was under the impression that there would just be a software upgrade to allow you to read the wide band. I could be wrong though.

·
RS25 Hermit
00 Impreza Wagon 93 impreza wa
44 Posts
The Link Plus Plug in for our cars reads off the second sensor, after the cat. Link New Zealand is coming out with their own wide band sensor for auto tuning and will be a add on for the Link. Just got that in an e-mail from Andrew cause I had simular questions. Thats all I got cause thats all I asked. I have a whole bunch more questions now. Don't know about your having to have the cat or not question. Later, Tod

·
Registered
646 Posts
If your in CA you will want the cat left in since you will have to go to vehicle inspection which will require the car to basically back to stock every couple years. A plug and Play ECu means you could just unplug the LINK2 and plug the stock ECU back in. Of course you would have to add the stock exhaust back as well. Either way you won't have to use a cat. The wide band or narrow band sensor is something you will have to ask a Link distributor since they'd be the ones with all the info.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep, I'm just planning on going back to stock for inspections, unless I can find a crooked inspection station. So I guess I'll go catless, with a single 02 sensor bung. Do the wideband and narrowband sensors have the same thread? So I can put the wideband in it's place when LINK sends out the update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts