Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Well, neither of the links are working, but judging from looking at it, one of them is for the plug and play Link Plus system and the other is the wire in type. I have the plug and play Link setup on my car, which requires zero wiring hassle to get the car running. The other alternative is the wire in, in which you have to find the correct wires coming from the factory harness and solder them to the Link Plus. Also, the plug and play takes 2 minutes to remove and put back in, so the factory ECU can go back on quite easily. If I were you, I would get the plug and play, it is a simple install, albeit your paying $150 more for the wiring harness.

Graham

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woops my bad, they should work now. Anyways, yeah your right, it is to the Link2 and the plug-in Link. I'm sold on the whole plug and play aspect, but I just wanted to make sure that they both have the same features. And which plug-in model should I get? I dont see one for an RS. And why is it cheaper than the other one? Is it just because it doesn't come in its own housing?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Definately get the plug and play setup cause if you ever want to go to a plug and play setup later with your wire in kit it will cost you almost $400 for the adaptor setup. There is also supposed to be a wideband O2 Lambda Link comint out soon.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yes that is the one you want to get.

Graham

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks. Just wanted to be absolutely sure I got the right thing. I shouldn't have any problems running this on an N/A car right? It'll probably be a few months until I get the rest of my turbo bits.

·
RS25 Hermit
00 Impreza Wagon 93 impreza wa
44 Posts
Cool, I bought my Link last week from Andrew for the same reason,as the other two costing about as much. He said three other people besides me had them coming for Subys. He and other people have said tuning it for N/A is a good way to learn tuning it because it's harder to blow your shiot up. I forget where but I think you can download the software and maybe play around with it just on the computer. When the wideband option comes out we can upgrade to that. Now I gotta find cheapass worthy laptop. Woohoo.:D

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, if you can find where to download it, post it up, I'd like to check it out. I'll be placing an order when I get my next paycheck, really looking forward to it.

·
RS25 Hermit
00 Impreza Wagon 93 impreza wa
44 Posts
www.i-speedusa.com Been playing around with it a little. Very spiffy. Hey Graham, is your link doing good for you and is their anything you don't like about it? Cold start ? Thanks for any input. Later, Tod

·
Registered
14 Posts
So the only PnP link that I can put in an a 2000 RS would be QPD one? Can i use the regular link thats meants for WRX 96-2000? i'm planning to swap in a 2003 jdm wrx motor w/ avcs.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Spiralsmirf- You might not want to use the Link with your 03' WRX engine. Try to get the ECU from the factory, that is your best bet. If you did use the Link, wiring would be a nightmare, and I don't even know if it could control the AVCS.

The only PnP ECU you can put in a 2000 RS with factory motor is the QPD unit, no one else makes PnP.

Graham

·
Registered
14 Posts
graham. i'm gonna use a haltech or sds digital unit and you don't need to control avcs if you don't want it, it will function like stock if its not controlled. also the wiring to install the jdm ecu would be a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS
553 Posts
The link that was posted above stated that it was for 99- cars, does link make a plug and play for a 98 RS?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts