Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I know someone out there knows this. But which link ecu can i use on my ej20g swap. I want something plug and play like the power fc that i can tune with my laptop. The car is already wired for an ej20g ecu (4 plug) so would i need some kind of harness to connect it to a universal link system?

Btw, would anyone have a link for sale. I saw some in the classifieds but wasnt too sure about compatibility.
Thanks
Rik

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
Just buy a PFC, you will thank me later!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damnit. I hate the thought that im spending more on my ecu than i did on my ra motor.
the other thing is that i would like the option of tuning on my laptop. Is this possible without the pro software?

·
Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,129 Posts
damnit. I hate the thought that im spending more on my ecu than i did on my ra motor.
the other thing is that i would like the option of tuning on my laptop. Is this possible without the pro software?
I think all you need is a cable and the software. A local guy here has it on his ej20g motor. Seems like a nice program for the money.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
I know what you mean. I almost spent more on my pfc than my entire ra engine swap. That's not counting the downpipe, flywheel, clutch, gauges, knock sensor, meth kit, etc...

I think all you need is a cable and the software. A local guy here has it on his ej20g motor. Seems like a nice program for the money.
I looked up the data logit stuff and it was close to $400, just to be able to interface the fc with my computer. Is that the only way?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts