Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 890 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright so I've been meaning to start one of these things for awhile now. Let me start off with my story of how I came into the Subaru world.

Like every other kid growing up and having a taste for modifying car, there no better way then to start off with a cheap Honda/Acura car. That's exactly what I did. I was blessed with a graduation gift from my parents after graduating High School with a 1995 Acura Integra. I was still very poor at the moment so mods came slowly and I never really did that much to it.

Jumping to College long story short, like any other day I park and go to class, and to my lucky I come out and my car goes missing. I pretty much lose all hope for my car(being one of the 10 ten most stolen cars) and had to take out a student loan to purchase a new car being a commute student, I had no choice.

Before:

After:

So I take out a $4,500 student loan (I only had liability on the Integra) :_sure::_sure: and started looking. I'm going to be honest, I never knew about the older Impreza. I never thought that Subaru were even in my price range (typical honda boy). When I thought Subaru, I thought STI and those were nowhere near my price range. So I was searching local forums and load and behold I found a black 98 Impreza 2.5 RS locally for around my price range. I immediately started doing research on the history of the car, common problems with the car, and all sorts of stuff about the car. Then I made my decision and purchased the car...ON my birthday HAHA.

Car:
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS (DOHC :wiggle::wiggle:)
131,XXX Miles and going
Obsidian Black Pearl

This is how it looked with I first got the car

Progress Pictures:

Current:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
From N/A to Turbo Swap Update:

Engine/Drivetrain:
6 speed swap
Exedy stage 1 clutch
STI Kevlar Timing Belt
Grimmspeed Turbo Heat Shield
Stock Flywheel
Koyo Radiator w/ dual 12" Spal fans w/ fan controller

Suspension/Brakes:
Super Blue brake fluid
ISC Coilovers
STI Brake Master Cylinder
STI Steering Rack
Whiteline HD Rear Endlinks
Whiteline Front Endlinks
Whiteline ALK
Whiteline Front Roll center/bump steer kit
Whiteline 24mm Adjustable Front sway bar
Perrin 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
STI CF Front Strut Bar
Rear Strut Bar
STI Steering rack
ISC Coilovers(6/8)
STI Brembo Brakes
DBA Front Rotors
Subaru Rear 2 Pots
DBA rear Rotors
Hawk HT-10 Pads fronts
Hawk HP plus rear
Goodridge SS Brake Lines
M4isFlat Fender Brace
XXR 17x9.75
265/40/17

Body/Interior:
Defi Gauges (Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure)
PLX Wideband
Fender Flares
JDM v5 STI seats
Bride Zeta III Seat
STI carpet
V5/V6 JDM Rear bumper / JDM bumper beam
v5/v6 front bumper / JDM bumper beam
v5 rear spoiler
JDM corner lights
JDM taillights
P1 Foglight covers
DEFI Boost/EGT/Oil Pressure
Morimoto Mini BiXenon Projectors
E46 shrouds
55w Ballast w/ 6000k D2S bulbs

Power Mods:
03 EJ205 WRX motor
FP HTA68 Turbo PnP w/ turbo blanket
FMIC
Tial BPV
COBB AP2
Catless Downpipe
3" Turbo catback
DW 850cc Injectors
Walbro 255
Perrin inlet
K&N SRI
Grimmspeed 3mm Phenolic Spacer
Grimmspeed 160 Thermostat
Grimmspeed MBCS
Grimmspeed LW crank pulley
Grimmspeed Up-pipe
Grimmspeed crosspipe
PnP Stock headers
TGV Delete

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BRP
215 Posts
your front emblem is upside down, lest my eyes deceive me! (oh im good i know... bet half of ya didnt notice!)

looking good though!

·
Registered
74 Posts
hey!!! i know you. i go to spsu too.. i got a purple(not my color choice)mr2 turbo w/ gold gram lights. i have seen your car around campus. i also drive a 95 blue L awd coupe. as i was readin your thread i was like: ahhh stolen integra. "that sounds like somethin that would happen in gwinnet then i saw your plates...". you have a nice lookin whip. whats your major?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey!!! i know you. i go to spsu too.. i got a purple(not my color choice)mr2 turbo w/ gold gram lights. i have seen your car around campus. i also drive a 95 blue L awd coupe. as i was readin your thread i was like: ahhh stolen integra. "that sounds like somethin that would happen in gwinnet then i saw your plates...". you have a nice lookin whip. whats your major?
Hey yea I saw you the other day with your MR2! That thing is clean! Always wanted one of those, but there so hard to find in good condition. Have you taken your Suby to school? I've only seen like 2 other GC around school. I'm majoring in Computer Science =). You?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Damnn, car lookss hottt.

I likee how you edited the pictures and stuff. Looks KOOOOOOL.

Thanks!

Oh and i was going to ask you, did you buy the car with the tailights like that ?

Or did you DIY ?
Yea it's a DIY. Just some Red vinyl over the stock Orange. Hopefully in a month or two, Ill be ordering some JDM tails.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey yea I saw you the other day with your MR2! That thing is clean! Always wanted one of those, but there so hard to find in good condition. Have you taken your Suby to school? I've only seen like 2 other GC around school. I'm majoring in Computer Science =). You?
thanks.. i have driven the subie to school maybe one time all semester. i gotta get a parkin decal for it. my major is mechanical engineering. i met a guy wes that has a sick rs there. and i think i have seen a white one on campus. my goal is to build a wrx swap w/ the apperance of the ver 6 jdm sti. what are your plans w/ this build? i usually see you on monday mornings. do you live on campus?

·
Registered
98 GM6
227 Posts
Thanks!

Yea it's a DIY. Just some Red vinyl over the stock Orange. Hopefully in a month or two, Ill be ordering some JDM tails.

Ohh alrightt, yeah i know they got that vinyl for it but just thought you used some paint, cause i wanted to paint mines instead of using the vinyl and havent found the right paint yet. Butt Thanks.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks.. i have driven the subie to school maybe one time all semester. i gotta get a parkin decal for it. my major is mechanical engineering. i met a guy wes that has a sick rs there. and i think i have seen a white one on campus. my goal is to build a wrx swap w/ the apperance of the ver 6 jdm sti. what are your plans w/ this build? i usually see you on monday mornings. do you live on campus?
Naw I commute there everyday...it freakin sucks. Well I'm defiantly gonna swap it, but im so poor right now. I think Im gonna hold off on the swap until I graduate. Still got about a year and a half before I graduate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah i feel you. i was workin when i first bought it but then lost my job so money isnt as easy as it was before. plus goin to school full time doesnt leave a whole lot of time for workin on it. we should have a meet at spsu. the new parkin deck looks perfect for photos... your gonna have to school me on the tail light mod you did. it looks good. i havent heard of using vinyl. where did you get your ver 6 bumper?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i feel you. i was workin when i first bought it but then lost my job so money isnt as easy as it was before. plus goin to school full time doesnt leave a whole lot of time for workin on it. we should have a meet at spsu. the new parkin deck looks perfect for photos... your gonna have to school me on the tail light mod you did. it looks good. i havent heard of using vinyl. where did you get your ver 6 bumper?
Yea we should have a meet. Yea that taillight mod is easy, I just bought the pre cut vinyl and then put it on, looks better than the orange lol. The bumper is actually a stock one, not that ballin yet lol. I'm about to paint and install the v5/v6 front bumper during spring break tho. It's gonna be fun.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i was curious where did you get your ver 6 bumper from? everyone on here says to just get it from the stealership. is that where you bought the one your going to install?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i was curious where did you get your ver 6 bumper from? everyone on here says to just get it from the stealership. is that where you bought the one your going to install?
Yea that's the easiest way to do it. I went to Subaru of Gwinnett to get mines. I think I paid like $230 for it brand new. That's about the same price if you were to but it used from someone shipped...so it's the easiest way to do it. It's one of the few things you can buy from the dealer ship that is decent priced.

1 - 20 of 890 Posts