Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got an 2000 2.5RS for really cheap, it didnt run (for lots of reasons).

I didnt know much about what was on the car (that you couldn't see), there was a lot of aftermarket stuff.

Anyways i fixed the car, and took most of the aftermarket stuff off (put on my WRX :) ).

The engine rev's amazingly easy, and sometimes i will hit the clutch in a bit early and the engine will rev up and it takes it longer then normal for the revs to fall back to idle.

I did tighten the throttle cable because there was a lot of slack in it, then threw a CEL (engine idle too high). The loosen the cable more reset the code and it came back.

Now its loosened to the point where there is a bit of play in the pedal and the code keeps coming back.

Im certain the car has a lightweight flywheel. because of the FW, will the engine idle higher under factory idle settings?

·
Premium Member
95 impreza L, 05 LGT, 85 aw11
304 Posts
any disconnected hoses after throttle body? did you check if you don't have any vacuum leaks after TB? or maybe cleaning sticky idler valve will change something? what's your idle rpm now? lighter flywheel will not carry as much momentum and this could result in unstable idle but i doubt it will raise the rpm significantly. maybe 50~100rpm max? I have 9.5 lbs fidanza and perrin crank pulley and engine idles at 600~700rpm. every 1.5~2 sec. my engine will slightly shake once like there was a single misfire but thats all.

·
Premium Member
95 EJ205(WRB), & 02 R6
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm. it idles around 1000

maybe i will put a bunch of slack in the throttle cable and see what happends.

All vacuum lines are good.

·
Premium Member
2001 2.5RS-T BRP
575 Posts
If there is already slack in the cable, more slack won't help. There is either vacuum leak somewhere, the idle stepper motor is bad or someone moved the throttle stop screw on the throttle body. You should only get this code when the ECU can't control the idle meaning air is getting around the throttle plate somehow.

Forgot to add, if you have an OBDII tool you can use it to check throttle angle. It should be close to 0.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts