Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i made a switch to turn my licence plate lighton and off, but they are very dim now. I nneed to lean a little more about circuitry. But it works pretty well especially on back roads..
Some please come up with a mod to turn the entire rear light section off..

Richie

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I do this at work all of the time for narcotic vehicles. It's fairly easy using two dpdt relays, once I get the cds from mitchell I'll post the info for ya if you haven't already found it.

Buster

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what is a dpdt ?? thanks for helping me out i would love to know how to completetly turn my whole rear lights off??

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Sorry about that....I forget that I use terminology that most other people don't. Well unless they deal with electronics....It simply means double pull, double throw.

Buster

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
And of course a DPDT switch will have a toggle switch, and 4 (or 6) contacts on the bottom. You can wire two wires through it by chopping the two wires in the middle, then attaching each end of the (now) 4 wires to the 4 poles of the switch.

However, since our cars *should* be negative ground, you'll really only have one wire to cut - the one to the taillights. Find it, snip it, put the switch in the middle - or use a relay connected to a switch to do the same thing

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where do i find that wire?? It must be close to the fuse box?? I am good with installing parts but electical is still not fully understanable? Relay=?? I think if i cut that wire i cant just put a switch in between, i think i will blow a fuse i thought??

Richie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts