Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Letter to the mayor of Denver

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Peaty 
#1 ·
Here's what I sent the mayor of Denver this morning.

Mayor Wellington Webb
1437 Bannock, Room 350
Denver, CO 80202

June 20, 2002

Dear Mayor Webb,

I am writing to let you know how disgusted I am with the police in your city.

On June fifth I went to downtown Denver to have dinner with an associate, and parked and paid at a metered parking space. Upon returning to my vehicle an hour later (with over an hour left on my meter) I was DISMAYED to find a citation on my windshield!

Seeing that the meter was NOT expired, Officer Beason (Badge #168) nonetheless ticketed my newly purchased vehicle for “no front license plate.” I had only received license plates barely two days earlier, and required a special bracket from the dealer to mount the front plate, hence the lack of a front plate. Nonetheless, that is a greedy parking commissioner at work for you, isn’t it?

As a result, I vow NEVER TO RETURN to downtown Denver. If I must return I will park in a privately owned parking lot. I will NEVER spend any other money at any of your cities businesses. Your corrupt parking commissioner and police bank accounts will no longer profit from me. I will take my business and money elsewhere.

I saw the newspaper today showing that Denver has a 12% increase in crime in 2001, and even higher in 2002. How many cars were stolen, or any other crimes committed, on June 5th around 8:14pm? If even one, it could partially be due to officer Beason writing a law-abiding, tax-paying, revenue-generating citizen a ticket instead of patrolling and preventing more serious crimes.

Regards,

James Fullerton
What a bunch of asshole cops. :curse:

#2 ·
that sucks. how much was the ticket?

Very nice job with the letter, btw. I know a couple of people who would have sent a 4-page rant to the mayor. Your letter may actually have some effect (not much, but hey you never know). You might also send a copy of it to the police department also.

#4 ·
It was only $30, but they can go fuck themselves. That is just bullshit.

I primarily sent the letter because there was an article in the paper that said the mayor was worried about people not coming downtown because of higher parking rates and enforcement. Well, I didn't really mind the higher rates, but giving me a fucking ticket for that bullshit pissed me off.

Yeah, I am NOT going downtown again. I can go to Boulder (an hour away) and have much more fun. I've gotten tickets in Boulder, too, but they were not BS - I got one for expired meter and that is okay - and in the SAME truck - but no additional ticket for no front plate.

That's fine by me. :)

#6 ·
Wow, just checked back on I-club and saw that it was you.
Damn, I can't even put two names together. And what really gets me is that I didn't go to the link your name is earlier, when I read that post awhile ago. Could have been here longer, instead of just registering this morning! Haha, oh well. But about the ticket. Shit like that happens, and unfortunately there isn't too much you can do, but atleast you are bringing it to their attention that they have corrupt assholes who are supposed to protect and serve.

#7 ·
Yeah, I just like to bring that stuff up. You never know if every third car is getting that ticket and it's a scam. Gotta keep those public servants honest! :lol:

Plus, I like posting over there because there is a guy named Zach ("ZMW") who hates everything I say. I post, he attacks. So then I poke fun at him and try to annoy him. :D

#9 ·
I got towed one day running arcoss the street to pick up my friend in frount of domino's.

I got out of my car ran arcoss the street 5 minutes later my car is getting towed.

I hate downtown!!!

Especally the people who forget how to drive just becouse there are tall buildings.

grrrrrrrr...

#11 ·
They are just city fund raisers. Two of my cars have been vandalized, my house vandalized twice, and crime is up 12%. And what are the fucking cops doing? Giving out speeing tickets while someone is out committing a real crime.

ASSHOLES.

:curse:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.