Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come on I need to put a car to a name so lets see what your car looks like. That way if I run into it when I'm back I'll know who it is. You'll know mine because likely I'll have recruited you to help with installing parts. Sorry no pics of my car. That kind of stuff stayed in storage in NY with in-laws.

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Various pictures of my car from when I purchased it to last spring can be found HERE . I don't have anything recent as I'm waiting for the bumper conversion and extra driving light install first. Then it'll be something easy to recognize.

AJ

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here are some pics i took about 9 months ago, i have added some new things since then.

Alex

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a C-West front bumper correct? Looks nice. I wanted one for the longest time. I wish they made it in plastic like the stock bumpers and their lip spoilers. I've seen one car with that bumper and a front mount and it looked really good.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yep its a Cwest front end.

mmmmmm......Front mount, thats what i hope to have on there by spring time. I'm in the saving for a turbo phase right now. Yea i also wish the front end was plastic as well, i have not even lowered the car yet and it hitts the ground on a lot of driveway enterences. B-Spec also has a front mount on there White GC8 with a C-West front end.
Alex

·
Registered
120 Posts
Destro- wendel:_hotaccord: wrx's come with a turbo
hotaccord:_are you planing on puting a turbo kit on it it will be faster and better
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

alex- buy my turbo so i can get that JDM WRX tranny and motor...
hummm... would I still be allowed here if I got that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know, I know, but I checked out his page and saw his car and it was hooked up nicely. No signs of overt riceness, shall I say. But at least he was looking at Soobs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
"Nice car. Any plans for it?". Don't know if your talkin about my car, but yes I do have plans for it.
So far I have KYB/AGX's with MRT springs, and an 18mm sway bar for the handling department. Subaru WRX Brake Ducting, Hawk HPS Brake Pads, EBC Front Rotors, S/S Brake Lines, using Castrol GT/LMA Brake Fluid,all to improve the braking. I have a set of Rota Subzero's with Sumitomo's HTR Z II's wrapped around them that are ok, but I wish I would have spent the money to get SSR Comps. I use the OE wheels painted in the gun metal color, with Yokohama AVS Inter. for the track.
I am not sure what my plans are for the future of this car. I was told by Cobb that a turbo kit will be available for the 2.5 in Jan-Feb and have been waiting patiently for it. I was set on putting a turbo on the Suby, but have been thinking about putting the money into a second car for the track and as a daily driver. I have been looking for a early 80's GTI for this purpose. It is coming down to where I am very afraid of crashing my Suby at the track. If you see a 1983-1984 GTI for sell, let me know. Thanks...GQ

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By plans for it I meant performance wise any plans on going non-turbo power, supercharger or turbo, suspension upgrades. That kind of stuff. I bought myself a 2nd car for the same reasons that you mentioned. Well that and because at some point the stock EJ25 motor will give out on me and I'll need a car to get my ass to work with.

·
Registered
59 Posts
What turbo kit do you have N/A? What boost are you running? If I do opt to install a Turbo kit in my RS, I will probably keep the boost to 5psi, hoping that my engine/transmission will last. I hope Cobb comes out with an easily available, reliable, and well thought out kit...GQ

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My turbo kit is easy to describe. Remember Shivs SCC white 2.5RS turbo project car? Well thats the turbo kit. 6 pounds for now.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts