Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Too bad (or maybe it's a good thing) the cops in the US are too stupid to buy real cars!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2001 Subaru Impreza RS
586 Posts
They have the RS patrolling around Vancouver B.C. as an undercover. Don't race that bad boy!

Nick C.

·
Registered
142 Posts
damn and I thought a vette cop car was something ...hey a place in NJ has a outback cop car

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think cops in the US have to buy US makes (buy American). That's why there are cop Mustangs, Vettes, and even Vipers.

There are probably exceptions for under cover cars, but I don't think you'll see a foriegn car with lights and stickers in the US. Not that it really makes a difference since all the parts are made elsewhere.

·
Registered
410 Posts
That's still my theory on why GM bought into FHI for access to Subaru's AWD system. I think they plan to use it in their Impala including a Police Interceptor version. Perhaps GM was paying attention when overseas countries started trying out WRX police cars.

Of course I could be completely wrong... :lol:

·
Registered
05 LGT limited
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A Police interceptor Impala:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You couldn't catch a cold in one of those things! HA!

·
Registered
136 Posts
A new police car in the states?

Dammmnn.. Going Swedish!!

Radically altered Volvo T5.. with:

A camera which will automatically recognize criminals at the touch of a button.

A tool to allow it to check 23 million number plates in one second.

A touch-screen or voice-activation access to the entire range of police databases and crime fighting tools and the latest on-board speed-enforcement system.

Damn... :eek:

"If we see somebody who looks dodgy we can point a camera at them and see if they are known criminals. This is all about arresting criminals and giving operational officers the best chance to arrest criminals."

Glad I'm an upstanding citizen.

:run:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_439708.html

·
Registered
133 Posts
10th Warrior said:
yet another WRX.
With only 244bhp and modded by Prodrive they will be UK Imprezas not WRX's - the only UK cars to be called WRX are the 2001 bugzilla versions and onwards.....the GC8's were only ever WRX's if they were imports and tended to have a tad more BHP depending on year ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts

started getting these around Fairfield county..

I hear they take pictures of people that drive wrecklessly (wayyyy over the speed limit).

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
MistaRS said:

started getting these around Fairfield county..

I hear they take pictures of people that drive wrecklessly (wayyyy over the speed limit).
they had that one here, as soon as you were doing 15 MPH over it flashed red and snapped a picture, was ruled unconstitutional and innaccurate because it could be radaring the car going the ohter way and take your picture...so i am not sure they are still trying to use them...but it'll catch ya off guard blind corner and your radar lights up like a christmas tree.

·
Registered
05 STi White + 99 RS White
1,828 Posts
Various odd cop-mobiles...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts