Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2001 RBP Subaru 2.5rs
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if there were a few guys/gals in the area who wanted to take a Saturday or Sunday and do various upgrades/modifications for our cars.

Maybe if they're some people in the 408/510/650/415 area who wanna get together on a certain day and all help each other with each other's car, I think this would be kinda cool.

Also any knowledge you could bring to the table would be cool too.

Personally, I was going to do a valve cover gasket change, spark plugs, and wires and oil change. All this stuff I know I can do. I just figure having some people around and all working together would be kinda cool. Also, I kinda need some tools. haha. Let me know what you think. :monkey:

·
Registered
26,094 Posts
sounds like a plan. i need to change some stuff on my car. got the parts, but need the place.

·
Registered
01 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
456 Posts
hahaha..i need to change some stuffs on my car tooo...but i dun have the knowledge, skill nor the parts :p
but it would be nice to start something up

·
Registered
2001 RBP Subaru 2.5rs
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry. I was born dumb. ahhah...I forgot to mention where I'm located. I'm in San Jose. And this doesn't have to be in SJ. It can be anywhere anyone wants to have it. If anyone knows a nice open spot to do this that would be cool.

I can contribute by bringing an oil pan, (1) 6ton jack, (1) 2ton jack and 4 jack stands. Oh have a crescent wrench also hahaha

·
Registered
456 Posts
i know SF zoo have a huge open lot on sloat blvd near ocean beach.
if we can do that during the day, it would be totally awsome.

·
Registered
2001 RBP Subaru 2.5rs
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't really care but is it legal to do this kinda stuff on public property? Just wondering. And yes SF zoo area would be awesome.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i'm not too sure about that, hopefully someone can come up to answer this question. but as what i know, many people go to that lot to learn and practice driving. and no one seems to care, i guess as long as we don't make the huge deal of out it and making the residents complaint, i guess it would be okay?

·
Registered
2001 RBP Subaru 2.5rs
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sure what the hell! Just if anyone's gonna be doing an oil change, bring something to clean up your mess if you make one.

·
Registered
'12 WRX 5dr
276 Posts
i'd hella do it if you guys came somewhere near me...and i mean really close because my car doesn't run and its in front of my house haha

·
Registered
2001 RBP Subaru 2.5rs
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where was it that you lived again? Would you have space for say 2 or 3 other cars?

·
Banned
2001 BRP Subaru Impreza 2.5RS
796 Posts
haha thats really cool. I would totally love to come out and help out and get my RS fixed......

BTW you might get alot more folks if you posted this on i-club also. A LARGE population of nor cal/ bay area subaru owners are always on that site.

Bump!!

·
Registered
'12 WRX 5dr
276 Posts
well, i've only got a two car garage but can clear that out. i'm pulling my motor tomorrow and going to wait until i actually fix my car before putting parts on...obx cat-back + borla knock-offs + pulley and that stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts