Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to gather a whole lot of parts off of a 98 legacy for a rear disk conversion and sway bar. I have some questions though.

Does anyone know if these are different? I pulled the rear trailing arm off of a 98 legacy with the end link mounts and I am hoping it is the same length as the Impreza ones because I only grabbed the 2 with the sway bar attachments.

Also does anyone know how I need to modify the parking brake cables that I pulled off the legacy to get them to fit on to my Impreza. I have been told they are longer than needed and will need to shorten them to get them to work. But the thing it I pulled the whole assembly complete. I didn't separate the lines from the hub at all. So the lines are still in the housing. Do I reuse this whole line/housing or get the lines out of the housing some how and put them into the ones on the Impreza?

Does anyone know what size sway came on the 98 legacy?

· Registered
97 Brighton, 4x4
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The sway bar attachments are on the lateral links, not the trailing arms. 90-99 Legacy lateral links are the same length as 93-01 (and some newer) Imprezas.
Oh thanks, sorry I got my words mixed up. This is good news though. I was worried that I would have one that's longer than the other. Do you know anything about the ebrake cables?

06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,630 Posts
I don't know exactly what would need to be done to shorten them. I would probably just get Impreza disc cables if I were you..

And I can tell you that the rear sway is 18mm if it is from a Legacy Outback, and 16mm if Legacy non-Outback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.