Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a jdm shop in canada told me to go with the legacy b4 tranny for my rs swap he said it is a great tranny for the price any incite?
 

·
Registered
2003 Outback Sedan H6
Joined
·
2,274 Posts
jdm b4 legacy is a great tranny. holds a lot of power. however, its 4.44 final drive and isn't a simple drop in, as you'd have to swap rear diffs. a better bet would be a jdm regular legacy twin turbo 2.0L tranny, or a jdm wrx tranny, as they are both 4.11 final drive. all above mentioned trannies are STRONGER than rs tranny by a lot. i use a jdm legacy tt tranny in my car... i used to use a jdm v3 wrx tranny until my mustang friend took my car for a test drive and blew up 3rd gear because he's an idiot :(

what motor will it be mated to? just an rs motor? you probably won't need a stronger tranny if that's the case.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
v3

legacy2003 said:
jdm b4 legacy is a great tranny. holds a lot of power. however, its 4.44 final drive and isn't a simple drop in, as you'd have to swap rear diffs. a better bet would be a jdm regular legacy twin turbo 2.0L tranny, or a jdm wrx tranny, as they are both 4.11 final drive. all above mentioned trannies are STRONGER than rs tranny by a lot. i use a jdm legacy tt tranny in my car... i used to use a jdm v3 wrx tranny until my mustang friend took my car for a test drive and blew up 3rd gear because he's an idiot :(

what motor will it be mated to? just an rs motor? you probably won't need a stronger tranny if that's the case.

no im using a v3 ej2ot maybe it isnt a b4 tranny becuase the jdm engineer said it has the same ratio as my rs and were would i get a clutch and flywheel for it
 

·
Banned
RHD Mafia
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
hybrex said:
no im using a v3 ej2ot maybe it isnt a b4 tranny becuase the jdm engineer said it has the same ratio as my rs and were would i get a clutch and flywheel for it
v3 ej20? v3 wrx, sti, legacy?

if it has the same gear ratio as your rs, its going to be a jdm wrx or jdm legacy gt tranny. either way, both are pretty similar in strength.

clutch and flywheel... use a usdm 02-05 wrx clutch and flywheel. works perfectly. i *personally* suggest act clutch and flywheel. both can be had from various vendors on this site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
v3

EastCoastSwappers said:
v3 ej20? v3 wrx, sti, legacy?

if it has the same gear ratio as your rs, its going to be a jdm wrx or jdm legacy gt tranny. either way, both are pretty similar in strength.

clutch and flywheel... use a usdm 02-05 wrx clutch and flywheel. works perfectly. i *personally* suggest act clutch and flywheel. both can be had from various vendors on this site.
it is a v3 impreza
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top