Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 impreza rs black 06 wrx swap
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I only change the turn signals in the cluster to led will I get hyperflashing?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm disappointed with how the leds came out:mad: There's hot spots and they're too dim.

·
Registered
'96 OBS
239 Posts
I've been looking at doing something similar. Would you be willing to share photos and maybe a picture of the LEDs so I at least know what won't work that well? I imagine part of the issue is that the "light pipes" in the cluster are designed with the 360 degree illumination of an incandescent bulb in mind. Depending on where the LEDs are pointing, you'd get hot spots and dim spots.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking at doing something similar. Would you be willing to share photos and maybe a picture of the LEDs so I at least know what won't work that well? I imagine part of the issue is that the "light pipes" in the cluster are designed with the 360 degree illumination of an incandescent bulb in mind. Depending on where the LEDs are pointing, you'd get hot spots and dim spots.
I used these bulbs below. In pictures it came out perfect and bright but in real life it's only a tiny bit brighter then the old bulbs. at 0-1k and at 7k it's brighter that's where the hot spots are. The speedo was balanced but still only as bright as the regular bulb. The top of the fuel gauge has a hot spot and the temp gauge seems like it's almost slightly dimmer the the stock bulbs. The clock is really bright and doesn't dim anymore when the when the headlights are on. I also changed the turn signals and high beam bulbs. They are really bright.

During the day when the lights on full brightness I can't see the lights from the main section. everyone in the forums have the 99+ with the 74 bulbs in pictures they are bright and can be seen durning the day. I have a v4 cluster the 194 are my main bulbs which are supposed to brighter but they suck.

74 LED Bulb - 3 SMD LED - Miniature Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs

194 LED Bulb - 5 LED - Miniature Wedge Base | Super Bright LEDs

·
Registered
'96 OBS
239 Posts
It just comes down to where the LED emitters end up in relation to the light pipes.

@Fryphax: Do you mind looking up what LEDs you ordered from Amazon? I didn't see it on your thread but I might have missed it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts