Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if leather seats came as an option for the RS. I have noticed that only a couple of the ones I came across for sale had them. Is the leather any good/heated etc... Thanks for any info on the topic!

Keith...

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
Yes leather was an option, you can also get it aftermarket. Personally, I think the reason you dont see more RSs with leather is because most owners don't like sliding around in their seats.

·
Registered
99 2.5 RS-T
838 Posts
For me neither, I'd say if you can find it already installed go for it. If you want to install it after purchase, go aftermarket... it should be substantially less $$ than going through the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
'17 Impreza Sport, '15 OB 3.6R
9,806 Posts
Well, the only leather available from the factory for the old cars was black, with red stitch on the seams. I'm not a big fan of black leather (gets too hot!!!), but I did want leather in my car at the time, so I went aftermarket. I was in New Hampshire at the time, and a lot of dealerships, for all sorts of marques, went through Classic Soft Trim for leather options. So it was aftermarket leather, but purchased through the dealer.

I opted for a really light grey color.

I personally think aftermarket's a better deal, and some say the quality's better. Depends on where you go though, and what grade of leather you use.

Personally? Had I to do it again, I wouldn't have gotten leather, at least right away. Why? The OEM seats aren't very good, and I really want sport seats. But not only are they expensive to get, but I have leather in my car, so I'd have to worry about matching the rest of my interior. (Maybe not right away, but eventually, if I wanted my car to look half decent. :) )

To do that, I'd personally go with leather side bolsters and hip bolsters, and leather backing and headrest, but suede/Alcantara inserts (seat and back cushion). Leather's not grippy, as others have mentioned.

-S2-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts