Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2489#post2489

There is my page on how to upgrade the rears to the larger legacy rotors on a GC8.

I did the write up pretty quickly and will have to go back and edit it probably. I worked 3rd shift and haven't gotten to sleep and I'ms starting to get punchy :p

I apologize in advance.

Night night

Peaty

·
Registered
646 Posts
Why the Legacy rear rotors? Don't the older GC8 body WRXs use ventilated rear brakes that are larger then the US models?

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think they do along with 2 pot calipers. The cost for the rotors and calipers is around 700 - 1000 though this cost me under 250

·
Registered
52 Posts
The 2000 and up Legacy Outback rear use a solid rotor 290mm x 10mm with a single pot caliper as opposed to the WRX Ver. 5 & 6 rear which is vented and measures 290mm x 18mm and thus requiring the 2 pot caliper and associated bracket hardware and pads. Also you could do the backing plates
I thought that I would elaborate but this is a good cost effective upgrade. hope this helps.

Troy

·
Registered
646 Posts
Actually I wasn't thinking of using a STI models rear brakes but a 1994 regular WRXs. Mostly cause it would cost me used about the same as what the Legacy setup in the US runs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts