Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
turbocharged mayhem
MBP 03 wrx wagon
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got a set of pads and rotors to go with my rs calipers. The rs rotors look alot bigger even though its only .7" The rs pads are quite a bit bigger than my l pads were too. I got the axxix metal master pads. My first set of semi performance pads. So far they grip alot more. Takes alot less pedal to screech the tires. The initial bite is much improved. Im not to sure on how much heat the pads can hold as yet. Cant wait to try them out at this weekends autox.

The install should have been painless but i snapped a caliper mounting bracket bolt on the drivers side. :letitout: Got to love rust. I had to break out my small propane torch because i was afraid to break the top bolt too.
I also removed my dust shields as one was almost completely disintegrated, and the other semi complete one was kinda close to my new bigger rotor. :sunny:

Rotor size difference. The l rotor is 9.5lbs and the rs rotor is 12.7ish lbs.

Pad size difference.

·
turbocharged mayhem
MBP 03 wrx wagon
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I left the drums on for now. I think ill look into replacing them down the road. Got back from an autox today, and the brakes worked great. Alittle too great as a locked up the tires a few times. :noes: The initial bite helps alot. I dont have push push the pedal as hard or down as much to stop or slow down. Im not sure what kind of heat i generated at the autox but they didnt fade. My old pads didnt fade either.

·
Registered
71 Posts
well as soon as i find out some questions ill let you know how the 2000 lgt brakes go onto my car front and rear... just picked them up today. but im a little lost in one area and feel dumb about it lol..... trying to see how my impreza struts will fit onto these. i hope i dont need lgt ones as i just bought these 2 weeks ago...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts