Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can buy new, used, or aftermarket versions of the following:

1. 2.5 RS Hood (stock or carbon fiber)
2. 2.5 RS Front Bumper
3. 2.5 RS Fog Lights

I have been looking all around and cannot find a place to buy these parts from. I am planning on putting them on my 96 L and getting it painted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
you also need the front bumper beam, new grill, and you need to paint the side mirrors and get some sideskirts and you'll almost be there.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Check some of the local salvage yards for an Impreza Outback Sport, it has the same hood, headlights, and grill as the RS, and they might be a little easier to find than an RS. The might even have the front bumper beam that you'll need, but I'm not sure about that. You could even get the front bumper off of one, and make your L look like a 98 RS, with the smaller fog lights. But if you want the big ones, you'll have to find an RS. Dealership is a good place for all this stuff new, too.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
OH, and this should probably get moved to the "ICE, interior, and Exterior" forum, doesn't really fit here in "Forced Induction."

·
Registered
54 Posts
i've got a 96 L too, and was just at a scooby junkyard. They have everything that you could possibly want for an RS conversion. If your in CT. check out F & S in Roxbury . But you'll actually get a better deal from a dealer plus it'll be new on cosmetic pieces. most salvage yards have their prices set-up to jive with body shop prices equalling big $$$

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did the conversion to my OBS and unfortunitly sp? the OBS bumper beam is the same as the L so you need a RS one. i bought the bumper, and foam from the dealership. got a rs bumper beam from Subytek who drag races his so he runs no bumper beam. then ran hellas in the fog light holes.

you can get a grill from the dealership or alot of people sell after market ones and yes the OBS one is the same as the 2.5 one.

heres my car http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3713

It was a easy mod once you get all the pieces

Erik S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts