Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any L owners here who have upgraded the shocks and tires?

I'd like to know the how much the car had changed when you did so. By this I mean the feel of the road and how responsive it handled.

The few test drives I have had in the L models were okay, but they no way come close to the feel that the RS model gave me.

Any opinions would be great..even from RS owners who have had a comparison with modded L's.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
The L will take any RS suspension part and work just as designed. My L works wonderfully with AGX's and coilover sleeves. I don't have the rear bar mounted yet, though when it is, the change will be even better.

The RS weighs more than the L (not by alot mind you) so the L will give better results for a given upgrade.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I talked about suspension in your "RS vs L" thread, but I will summarize here. Same body shell as the RS...same suspension options. www.subaruparts. com has the Sti Ver 5 inverted struts for a very reasonable price. So does isrperformance.com. I highly recommend those struts...springs depend on your tastes. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Oh yea, Primitive Racing front strut brace...very effective!

-Andy

·
Registered
54 Posts
i haven't gotten to the struts yet, hopefully i will in the next week or so. But, I noticed better handling and grip (obviously) just from putting prodrive P7's & kumho ecsta 712's on. I think i'm gonna try those STi ver.5 inverted struts and STi springs, i'll let you know how well it works (i'd also do the rear sway bar at the same time - for some reason i always do mods in two's)

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
If you want to do the rear swaybar too, make sure your car already has one. If not, you'll have to get the control arms from an equipped model and swap them out. Early L's didn't have a rear bar and had no brackets to add one. The threaded holes are in the body to mount the upper brackets, but nothing is on the control arms.
Darby said:
i haven't gotten to the struts yet, hopefully i will in the next week or so. But, I noticed better handling and grip (obviously) just from putting prodrive P7's & kumho ecsta 712's on. I think i'm gonna try those STi ver.5 inverted struts and STi springs, i'll let you know how well it works (i'd also do the rear sway bar at the same time - for some reason i always do mods in two's)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Storm said:
If you want to do the rear swaybar too, make sure your car already has one. If not, you'll have to get the control arms from an equipped model and swap them out. Early L's didn't have a rear bar and had no brackets to add one. The threaded holes are in the body to mount the upper brackets, but nothing is on the control arms.
yup, rear sway bar included :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts