Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
Still ugly as poo poo, but more power can't be bad... Does anyone know if the 09 WRX will have dual AVCS?

·
Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
718 Posts
It is nothing. It wouldn't take $500 to unleash that power in any GD WRX. Few keep the bumper and wings so that is no issue.
Sharper handling? Its probably still a pathetic slug.

Oh, and what the hell is a rally inspired interior? Did they put a roll cage in it and a roof vent with a dog box and two carbon fiber seats?

·
Registered
05 rs 04 wrx 05 sti all black
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is nothing. It wouldn't take $500 to unleash that power in any GD WRX. Few keep the bumper and wings so that is no issue.
Sharper handling? Its probably still a pathetic slug.
Umm you are forgetting something. The GD wrx has the TD-04 turbo. This does not, it has something larger, so take that 500 bucks and throw a reflash on this wrx and it will have the old reflashed wrx in its rearview mirror.

·
Banned
1994 Aegean L, 1998 Panda!
718 Posts
Umm you are forgetting something. The GD wrx has the TD-04 turbo. This does not, it has something larger, so take that 500 bucks and throw a reflash on this wrx and it will have the old reflashed wrx in its rearview mirror.
For how many more thousands will an 02-08 owner have to pay to get one of these instead? I wasn't really talking about new owners. Just current WRX owners have no reason to complain.

·
4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
3,623 Posts
you can easily bump a TD04 40 hp. Just turn up the boost. 19psi w/ a TD04 should be somewhere around the 220 mark at the wheels. Do the math.

·
Primium Membur
98 RS/WRX
551 Posts
So at the same time they're releasing the new WRX, they're coming out with a 2.5GT with a 224hp turbocharged engine? I guess that way they can bump the price of the WRX up quite a bit higher :rolleyes:

·
Registered
00 2.5RS BRP
687 Posts
I pray that the STi will return to either a sedan or coupe

with over 300hp

·
Registered
80 Posts
i think the new imprezas are nasty...partially because i own a wagon and it bugs me when people call the new one a wagon when its a hatch....
The previous generation impreza outback sport shares the body with an Impreza wagon. The new impreza outback sport shares the body with the new STI...
Put an old wagon next to a new model. The only difference is about 2 extra inches of a hump on the trunk lid. They are both wagons no matter how much you would like to disagree.

·
Registered
04jbp STi, 93L+01 RS, 08 zx10R
478 Posts

Somebody say kaioken?

i think the new imprezas are nasty...partially because i own a wagon and it bugs me when people call the new one a wagon when its a hatch....

I'm guilty of this. The new hatch is growing on me. It's party in the front and business in the back.

·
Registered
STi swapped SF5, WTF?
2,933 Posts
you can easily bump a TD04 40 hp. Just turn up the boost. 19psi w/ a TD04 should be somewhere around the 220 mark at the wheels. Do the math.
Then you will be finished at the point the new car starts at. Add the $500 to the new car and you will probably gain more than 40hp since the turbo is larger. How much higher than a GD would that put you?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Then you will be finished at the point the new car starts at. Add the $500 to the new car and you will probably gain more than 40hp since the turbo is larger. How much higher than a GD would that put you?
Exactly, and I bet that they added bigger injectors and fuel pump, so along with being able to pump up the boost, and with more cfm, the fuel system will allow for further improvements.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
party in the back. business in the front. that is, my friend, why sti is a wagon now. :)

personaly in few years i want a subaru hatch. maybe 2.5rs would be fine. just for daily commute and a nice family car
I agree. I am not a fan of the new look, and my wife just despises it. Im just happy subaru is stepping it up a bit. They have not done anything but facelifts and left the performance basically the same for the last 6 years. Also adding summer performance tires is going to make it look golden in the mag reviews. It always got killed because of the RE-92's.

Also anyone hear of the STI 380s?
http://www.eurocarblog.com/post/1035/london-2008-subaru-impreza-wrx-s-sti-330s-and-sti-380s

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs BDP
2,079 Posts
this is probably in response to mitsubishi releasing their new lancer ralliart. Subaru's got to compete with that. I still despise the new body style and i think I always will, but THANK YOU SUBARU FOR FINALLY GIVING A LONG AWAITED PERFORMANCE INCREASE!!!!

I wonder what they'll have to do to the STI though since the new WRX will be so close in performance.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts