Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think you'd be happier with the adjustability of the AGX struts. But that's just my opinion. Besides, if I remember correctly, there's a lifetime warranty on them. :D

·
Scoobymods Guy
2010 Legacy 3.6R Limited
1,157 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the Version V struts are made by KYB, but are inverted.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Both struts are inverted, but the V5/V6 struts have, I believe, a 40 mm shaft and are not adjustable. Both are very good struts, but the advantage of the KYB's adjustablility is unavoidable. In an autocross, this will definitaly aid your fine tuning the car to the track and the street as well.

I myself am also torn between the two struts along with the P1 struts. I am still researching the different struts. Whatever new information I find, I will post.

·
Registered
GC8F2DD
409 Posts
i have Ver.6 setup bought from SPD Mike and can't be more happier.

BTW which springs will compliment your setup?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
can't change your springs in stock class.

i myself will be running the AGX's this season. you're definitly going to want the adjustablity since you can't change much else :) FWIW, the v5 are very nice, though i've only experienced them with the v5 springs as well.

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
If you want to run a lowered car and have adjustability, maybe you should do what our fearless leader James did and buy a set of Koni's. They have shorter rods so they are not always at the bottom of their travel on a lowered car like, say, the AGX.

I damaged my new AGX with a 1.6 inch drop with street use only in 4 months! :eek:

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
If you want to run a lowered car and have adjustability, maybe you should do what our fearless leader James did and buy a set of Koni's. They have shorter rods so they are not always at the bottom of their travel on a lowered car like, say, the AGX.
you can't change springs in GS, so its not an issue. but you are correct, the AGX are not designed to be used with shorter springs.

·
Registered
747 Posts
ampsarus said:
Actually, the complete P1 setup has a Bilstein strut. ;)
No, sir. The P1 came with Ver. 5/6 struts and Eibach springs wound to Prodrive's specs. The Prodrive GT and WR suspension setups used Bilstein dampers, though.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
ampsarus said:
Actually, the complete P1 setup has a Bilstein strut. ;)
um nooooooooo... ;)
as was pointed out...
you mean the WR SPORT set up has the Bilstein strut :)

the P1 is very much a Version V/VI set up

cheers
Jamie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts