Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys here it goes,
I have the H&R springs on my car right now and i am extremely pleased with the height of the car expecially having the little wheel well gap. IF I GET THE KYB AGX's WILL MY CAR BE RAISED AT ALL? if so how much? also what are the advantages and disandvantages of these struts? what do you guys set these for on the street? also is this or a rear sway bar a better second suspension mod?

ERIK

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Struts won't raise your car. But note, if your car is lowered more than 1.5" KYB will not warranty the struts. My H&R springs lowered my RS 2 3/4" so I am assuming yours is lower than 1.5" as well. So... you've been forewarned. :)

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car i believe is lowered 1.5 in the front and 1.8 in the rear. Will this mess up the struts or do you feel the struts will still work at maximum capability.

ERIK

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I believe the AGX's are designed for stock ride height. So they will work, just not as they were intended. I am not sure what the effects might be, other than poor response and possible damage to the struts. I personally am running the Koni's because I did not want to deal with the AGX's not being the best design for lowered cars.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can i get a set of Koni's? How much are they? What kinda adjustments can you make with them?

ERIK

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I got mine from TireRack.com, for around $600. They are infinitely adjustable, and can be set to be incredibly stiff.

However, installation is a pain (you have to use your stock strut housings, drill them out [which makes the oil in them explode] and put them together.) but well worth it IMO.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza RS
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do you know any better instructions. I showed my freind who does my install and he had no clue what you were saying. How much did the install run you?

ERIK

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I would recomend against AGX for a lowered car.
I have 4 month old AGX that I installed with 5Zigen springs that lowered 1.6" front and rear. When I replaced the 5Zigen with P1 springs last weekend, I found that my rear struts are already VERY weak on bump, even when set to "7". Rebound is fine though. I wish Tokico made struts for our cars; I had a set on my lowered 240Z for several years, and they always worked as good as the day I installed them.

So after a fat 4 months, I'm in the market for struts again. :curse:

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
RS25.com said:
I believe the AGX's are designed for stock ride height. So they will work, just not as they were intended. I am not sure what the effects might be, other than poor response and possible damage to the struts. I personally am running the Koni's because I did not want to deal with the AGX's not being the best design for lowered cars.
You are a wise man, James. Your koni's have maintained full travel, while the AGX on lowered cars is always at the bottom of it's travel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts