·
Zantrex-3 YES!
15,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
----------------------------
From the Kumho website;
ECSTA MX

35/40/45/50/55 Series, 'Y' Speed Rated, BSW
The Ecsta MX optimizes dry handling without compromising wet grip with advanced silica compounding and a distinctive tread pattern developed by synergizing the latest technological concepts from competition and aircraft. The Ecsta MX is best suited for the sophisticated driver that demands maximum ultra high performance for the street.
----------------------------
Review:
These tires even in 205/55/16 were very good. Both wet and dry traction were amzing especially over the oem RE-92's. I ran an auto cross with them and they performed very well.

Pros;
-Excellent grip in both wet and dry.
-All around good looking tire.

Cons;
-Low life durability on city streets.
-Somewhat harsh over bumps.

-Matt. L

·
Registered
2000 BRP GC6
278 Posts
since I have the same tires I thought I might put some of the my opinions down too~ :)

I have both this set of tires and the Dunlop SP5000 sport
both in 205/55/R16 size.

The MX has very good dry pathment grip when compared with the SP5000, but in wet condition, i think SP5000 is a little bit better.

The MX IS quite uncomfortable due to the hard side wall. and it is pretty loud too. :p

overall it's a very nice set of tires for its price. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yea same here as far as comfort and noise is concerned. I got 255/55/r16 and like was mentioned above, for the price... fuck it. Ill live with the few downers that are associated with these tires.

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
I put 205/55/16 Kumho Ecsta MX's on my car today. I've only driven about 20 miles on them (although they are used, so already broken in) and I love them already. They grip wet better than my Goodyear Eagle all-seasons (also 205/55/16) gripped dry. Like everyone else said, they are very loud, but I'll get over it. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts