1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
WRX in progress
00 RSTi 2.5 Hybrid Built
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car as it Stands today:

milestoempty:

More Pics Will be up soon (including of the Swap)

Engine
2002 WRX EJ205
Injen intake
TD04
Stock Downpipe
HKS Catback
Stock TMIC

Drivetrain:
Ver. 2 WRX Transmission

Suspension/Brakes:
02 WRX rotors
02 WRX brackets
KYB AGX struts
Stock Springs
E-bay strut bar
Cusco rear strut bar

Exterior
Temp CF hood

Interior
05 WRX Front Seats
05 WRX rear Seat
05 WRX Steering wheel
JVC-HDR50 head unit
Audiobon rear sepeakers
6'' Kicker subwoofer
Kenwood 400 watt amp
02 WRX carpet

Future additions:
Projector/angle eye head lights
eye-lids
repaint
04 STi Gold BBS
EJ255/257 hybrid set up with 18G
4/2 pot WRX brakes
PPG gear box

Update 01/05/10: As of today the car is almost ready to Hit the road. I have to weld the the crossmember after cutting the not for the up-pipe.

Update 6 10/06/09 I have finally have everything ready to go. I am just waiting for the motor and suspension to arrive.
As of today the car will be swapped within the next three weekends (hopefully) I will take lots of pictures and keep everyone update.

Weekend of 10/09- Suspension and brakes will be swapped.
Weekend of 10/16- Pull RS motor and install the WRX motor and accessories
Weekend of 10/23- Have the wiring full ran and do first test.

Update 5 09/24/09 #39 this is worth reading. New car and motor swap progression.
Update 4 8/3/08 Post #29
Update 3 7/22/08 Post #21 ohh its my Birthday lol woot woot 21
Updated 07/16/08
Started 07/15/08

Post #39 New car and direction

Old/abandoned:

So this is my first Subaru, I purchased at 2006 WRX wrb in august of 2006, I caught mod bug. After about 14 months of ownership the transmission went up on me. There was an important decision to make here, to get PPGs or start over w/ a GC. After seeing my friend's 98 RS I feel in love with it. So I bit my tongue and sold the WRX, loved that car very much.

Last month I finally picked up a 97 Impreza L with 172 k on the dot. It is a very clean car for that amount of mileage and its age. Its an automatic and has the dreaded Tan interior. The radio was also bad, so that was replaced with a JVC KD-ADV6270 and accompanied by kicker speakers and subwoofer.

This project was abandoned and moved on to swapped RS.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
1,940 Posts
good start. Are you planning on doing the carpet with the paint? I'll probably do my interior consoles with the spray i got some scratches on them

·
WRX in progress
00 RSTi 2.5 Hybrid Built
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
good start. Are you planning on doing the carpet with the paint? I'll probably do my interior consoles with the spray i got some scratches on them
thanks, I actually just went out to home depot and got a carpet. No painting me and my girlfriend were working for 2 hrs fitting it in the back seat area. Need a steam gun or something to make it go by faster. We made progress, It got to dark to take pics but I will snap some tomorrow and post them.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
Damn mosquitos I swear... get an electronic repeller.

I think I picked the prime time to leave, right before attacking the carpet!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5rs BRP
1,940 Posts
thanks, I actually just went out to home depot and got a carpet. No painting me and my girlfriend were working for 2 hrs fitting it in the back seat area. Need a steam gun or something to make it go by faster. We made progress, It got to dark to take pics but I will snap some tomorrow and post them.
ahhh gotcha now i see it. Good idea. subaru carpet FTL! I may do the same with a black carpet, cant get a damn thing outta it

·
WRX in progress
00 RSTi 2.5 Hybrid Built
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with a black/grayish cost me $15 for a 75''x80'' I think measurements mite be off, but its more than enough.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts