·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
And I really want to do this:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39629

But not with 40psi, like 15-20

again I need money...haha
Yeah you got lucky with the 98 EJ25D engine that didn't carry over into MY99. I wonder if that build would work on my engine as well. I'm looking for another route with an STi EJ257 block with my stock heads. I think I'd need the STi Intake manifold and I already have a 2006 WRX Exhaust Manifold up pipe with Top mount and just need lower compression and a good working turbo, a way to tune the car, and some gauges.

Money is an issue here too. I'm hoping christmas brings in some money even though it won't really bring in money more like break even or somewhat.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Yah I think I need:

-Springs and Retainers
-Rods(probably STI)
-Pistons(Probably STI)
-And stuff for the actual turbo(Manifolds, up/down pipes, intercooler, turbo, and other turbo stuff)

Can anyone else help me out?

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Yah I think I need:

-Springs and Retainers
-Rods(probably STI)
-Pistons(Probably STI)
-And stuff for the actual turbo(Manifolds, up/down pipes, intercooler, turbo, and other turbo stuff)

Can anyone else help me out?
This is why I was figuring find an EJ257 short block and not deal with splitting the Block since I can't do all that stuff myself. I figure the heads are an easy deal with springs and retainers then putting all the stuff together. there is a DIY for that stuff except for the Head rebuilding. maybe we should go into the lottery and who ever wins shares the winnings and we can build our cars together. (I can dream can't I)

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Haha, i think I could manage that stuff.

but yah go win the lottery and pay for my upgrades!! haha

I already have ablock that will work, so Ill just save a little money every paycheck, and hopefully be done by graduation(may 2009)

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Haha, i think I could manage that stuff.

but yah go win the lottery and pay for my upgrades!! haha

I already have ablock that will work, so Ill just save a little money every paycheck, and hopefully be done by graduation(may 2009)
Yeah same here saving money and making a list of parts needed and prices of parts needed. Finding a Goal of all the costs and then reaching that by Spring Time. I'm thinking if I don't go with the STi Block build just letting SUBA do my swap for me. I do want the 6 speed and the full Drivetrain.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Ill be fine with a 5-speed. So Ill just upgrade my clutch.

And then buy all the stuff needed.(hardest part for me...haha), then do the rebuild myself, probably recruiting anyone who would help for free..haha

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
yah, if I get one it will be a good one.

But other things come 1st

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Ordered Some KYB GR2 Struts, not enough cash for agx's, but the gr2 will be a huge improvement over 4 blown stock struts.

And Im going to run stock springs until I get enough cash for some p1's.

Im excited though!

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Got my gr2's on, they are super nice!! Huge improvement over stock!

No new pics :(

I need to start a christmas list for santa though. Santa asked what I wanted and I told him a swap, or stuff for a turbo, I was denied.

So I think this is my list(I hope to get at least like 1/3 of it):

-Ver 5/6 front bumper w/ fog covers
-Ver 5/6 Spoiler
-Rear spats
-Borla Replica headers
-LW Flywheel
-Sti floormats
-F/R Sway bars
-p1 springs
-and maybe jdm tails.

haha big list, but It gives santa lots of options.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Well instead of stuff for my car i got golf stuff from my santa.

But I I did get some pink "i" badges, and I have some mudflaps to install

saving for some headers and new headlights

·
Registered
1999, 2.5 RSTi, RBP
2,239 Posts
Glad to hear the GR2's are giving your handling a better improvement. I need some suspension pieces too. I'll probably wait until I get back so that my car doesn't sit around with new suspension while I'm away. I found a nice set of coil overs from Hot Bits I may get for my Rally X/DD RS.

·
2.0L Turbo
1998 2.5RS Black EJ205
3,870 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Should I put these seats in my car? I can get them basically for free:

They are out of a 99 civic Si that my dad bought to fix and sell for his new body shop, he says I can have them for my car if I want. They feel nice, just not sure about the looks, I like them, but maybe a little rice? Idk...I want some opinions. I would have to make my own seat brackets, or mod my stock ones.

If I don't put them in my cra then he's keeping them in the civic, which is being sold soon, so I have to decide fairly quick.

Here is my car

Thanks!

-Kowitz

PS: Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics of the seats

·
anti vw.anti rota.
2000 GF, 2012 Ruckus
6,119 Posts
meh its really up to you, if you like em go for it! IMHO, I wouldnt put those in my car, but thats just my personal taste.

121 - 140 of 838 Posts