Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Bit the bullet over Black Friday and bought a retrofit kit. Installed a little over a week ago and WOW. I've been jealous of Basts setup for awhile now. It's pretty much one of the best modifications you could do to these old cars.

Modernizes the driving experience and you can actually see stuff. Woop.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My car is being swapped with a v.8 ej207. Im anxious to see how that engine feels. Can you give your driving impressions on the engine. What turbo are you running?

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #147 (Edited)
My car is being swapped with a v.8 ej207. Im anxious to see how that engine feels. Can you give your driving impressions on the engine. What turbo are you running?
There are days I wish I went with the twinscroll setup. Never driven one, but have read many many good things about them.

Having had a full 05 EJ257 swap in my previous GF, the best way to describe the 207 in comparison is, drama. Both of them were/are factory setups. My V7 runs the stock VF30 with a ZeroSports catback and tune.

The 257 was wicked fast and that torque was just phenomenal. BUT, despite the awesome torque, it didn't have the breath as the 207 does. The 257 would snap you in your seat, rev up slightly "rough" and then kinda piddle out. In contrast, the V7 207 is fairly composed and not in your face in the low revs, but then just hammers into a power ballad that doesn't end until your face melts off a little. It just keeps on going. When you think you need to shift it still has another 1-2000rpms to go.

The one thing about the 207 that isn't as "fun" is lounging around town. The instant gratification of the 257 is hard to beat when running for groceries. Anytime I get to hear the motor sing though I forget about that.

Both are fun motors in a swapped car, they are just two different swords in the same sheath.

·
I ❤ BOOBIES
99 Coupe
16,993 Posts
Nailed it ^ the 207 just pulls like a freight train made of butter all the way to the rev limiter and has a huge powerband. Going twinscroll makes it even better, my buddies VF36 makes full booste around 2800-3000 and pulls to 8k, 320whp, its just instant power anywhere you want it and it cleans house on an auto-x course. Its also built like a brick shithouse, another friends stock pistons held up around 500 horse for a few years and let go around 600 at 26-28psi or something nuts. Im one of the few people who really dont like anything about 257s, i even bought one to flip and sell i wouldnt put it in my car :lol:

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Hey man. I have a guy trying to get in touch with you reguarding your doors. Hes pmd you, and left a medsage on your for sale thread. A response would nice because we could use these for his build since his doors are damaged. Hes got money and willing to pay. The least you can do is reply if your not interested or interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Hey man. I have a guy trying to get in touch with you reguarding your doors. Hes pmd you, and left a medsage on your for sale thread. A response would nice because we could use these for his build since his doors are damaged. Hes got money and willing to pay. The least you can do is reply if your not interested or interested. Thanks.
That's odd. I've responded to all the PM's I've received in the past week to my knowledge. I definitely forget to check the FS thread. For some reason it never sends me notification on the thread despite my settings.

Just checked the FS thread. Haven't received a PM from Combat Chuck.

In any case, responding to his question now.

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP
3,499 Posts
I've had a bunch of notifications and such go to spam or not get delivered too, no big deal. Thanks for the response! I PM'ed you again.

Sweet GF8 btw!

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Out with the old, and in with the "new". The GF finally has a full dark grey interior. Now if only my headliner and visors became magically reupholstered and installed haha.

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
looks good! i still need the rear C,D and top middle piece. i did my headliner in black canvas.
Thanks!

I still can't believe Subaru didn't have at least 1 GF model/trim in the states with full dark grey interior like they RS. I don't know what model it is, but there is a trim that had dark grey lower plastics in the rear but not the uppers.

I ended up doing the headliner in the last swap a black microsuede and really liked the way it turned out. BUT I hated that all of the oh **** handles and random bits were light grey. Tried everything I could think of from paint, plasti-crap, plastic dye.....it always came off because of the high usage of the bits.

This time I'm planning on going with a "medium" grey similar to the JDM door card inserts so the roof trim items don't clash as much.

141 - 160 of 218 Posts