Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 40 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,661 Posts
I took the liberty of installing Hail's lower RS dash trim and v5/6 STi cluster while he's out of town. He really needs the RS doorcards and pillars, haha.

·
Registered
98 BR RS coupe
12 Posts
Look's like a great build is coming, I was reading Bast's journal all night and that got me re inspired to keep my coupe, I'm just wondering where did you source that 207? I've been looking all over for one.

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Well this weekend couldn't have got better. Our LeMons team finished the race with no breakdowns AND my dark interior pieces were installed by the best GF around these parts.

We are headed out of town next week until Sunday, but once we are back I plan to dedicate at least an hour or 2 on weekdays and who knows on the weekends to keep this moving along.

Thanks @Mooseinabox for the panels. They look awesome.

@Forester88 I picked up the 207 from an import shop in LA called JDM California Motors.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,661 Posts
This frump-wagon got a little less frumpy when Hail installed his JDM taillights. But, he doesn't update..

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I'm working on it.....hahaha. Need to take some new gloriously close to stock photos.

As Bast said, JDM tails are in now with some custom made foam gaskets for easy install/reinstall times. No more goo!

In other news,

Rear subframe has been fully disassembled. Rear hubs will be getting rebuilt late this week/early next week. Waiting for some paint to come in to re-spray the crossmember before installing.

Waiting for some final bits to come in for the 6-speed swap and then I'll be tackling that soon.

Oh right, Wedge brackets ordered for the Recaro's. I'll soon have seats in the car that cost more than the chassis. Not sure how I feel about that, but at least they are comfy.

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Did a number of things over the past weekish.

Removed the tranny from the motor. Getting that all ready for install.

Brushed off the surface rust and repainted the rear crossmember too.

Installed AGX's and ordered new rotors as the ones it came with were unsavable.

Rear hatch is installed too.

So many little things hahaha. But, progress is progress.

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Put on the JDM roof rails and bumper yesterday. I think it's confirmed, no longer is this OBS waiting to be a project, it's officially a project haha. It gets more hooptyness every time I add a part.

Really could use a full body PDR session. Someday. Paint + body are in a galaxy far,far, away.

Loving that it's finally starting to come together though, can't wait to get the 6-speed in.

·
Registered
'99 OBS V7 STi Swap
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
So this past week I decided to put Kodama up on 4 stands to start the tear down. I've made a ton of progress.

11-09-15 Weekend progress:
- All Fluids drained except coolant
- Driveshaft removed
- Front/Rear Hubs/Brakes/Control Arms/Lateral Links removed
- Ebrake cables removed
- Stock exhaust removed

Next steps will be to get the old 5-speed out and drop the rear subframe. Once that's completed I'll begin installing all the new suspension bits back in and preparing to install the 6-speed and remove old motor.

Finally starting to come along.

21 - 40 of 218 Posts