Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Legacy L
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to my friends dad shop and got it scanned because the CEL was on and it said my problem was the "knock sensor".

I was just wandering how hard is it to fix or replace

thanks

Peter

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza L Coupe
281 Posts
You should do a search on P0325, there are sooo many threads on it. Sorry to be a douche. Anyways, it's an easy fix, infact I might do mine tomorrow or monday. The sensor from a subie dealer is 170ish, however from car places you can get them for as low as 70 bucks.

·
Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,066 Posts
You should do a search on P0325, there are sooo many threads on it. Sorry to be a douche. Anyways, it's an easy fix, infact I might do mine tomorrow or monday. The sensor from a subie dealer is 170ish, however from car places you can get them for as low as 70 bucks.
I would not go to that dealer anymore. Even from my local dealer, which charges like 30% over list price... it's $120. But yeah, it's $70 from places like subarugenuineparts.com ...etc

·
Registered
01 STM RS EJ257, 6MT, Brembos
2,033 Posts
That is a common issue. The sensor is right on top of the engine block. Get a new one (~$100) and replace it.

·
un-Banned by RS25.com
2000 SRP 2.5RS Coupe
2,164 Posts
I would not go to that dealer anymore. Even from my local dealer, which charges like 30% over list price... it's $120. But yeah, it's $70 from places like subarugenuineparts.com ...etc
If you go to autozone it's $70 and made by the same company that makes the OEM ones for Subaru. It is labeled as Duralast though. It also has like a 5 year warranty.

·
Registered
95 Legacy L
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i finally change my knock sensor and im hoping to get better mpg because ive been getting about 15 on streets and 20 on highway, thanks again for the help.

Peter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts