Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok people im really getin pissed off. had a knock sensor issue with my 2002 OBS for about a month now. Replaced the knock sensor and code still pops up just not a much. But today i was driving to meet someone to pick up parts for my Subie i go to get on the highway and it was like somebody flipped a switch. I was on the on ramp and halfway thru it all of a sudden the car starts sputtering...bad. Loss of power CEL and i thought it was gonna die. I limped it to the next exit and its misfiring. I have an N1 exhaust so its not hard to miss the sound. Its driveable but its popping every now and then. Whats weird is under WOT it wont miss. but normal load the car bucks badly. Im wondering why it did it so suddenly though. The only change to the car was a CAI installed 2 days before. But it ran fine up until 2day. Im not sure whats going on. Any insight would help. Im gonna get a hold of a scan tool soon and see what codes popped up. But it sucks because its definitely misfiring but not enough to shut the car down at idle.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza RS - RBP
1,605 Posts
Can you get a knock sensor CEL from misfiring? Get new spark plugs/wires dude!

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so as of today the car is still acting up but its not as frequent now. Its still misfiring when idling or under load at less then 4k rpm. But its not constant. If It were constant then i would assume a cylinder is shot. But because it is infrequent i am gonna guess that something ignition related i.e. wires plugs etc. Maybe im speaking too soon because its gonna get plugged into an OBD II tool tonight.

·
ITS TURBO TIME!
05 LGT limited
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well heres the update got the code for misfire #4 Cylinder. So i pulled the plug out of the cylinder. The plug melted! I couldnt believe it. there was No Gap whatsoever. so the misfire was obviosly a result of that. plugs were NGK Iridiums. Ive had them in there before and never had a problem. Im thinking maybe the gap was not correct when i Installed them. So i did my research and gapped a new set of plugs correctly and installed them. Ill get some pics up so you can see the difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts