Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
00rs and 97 GF8 L wagon
799 Posts
I think kirk's faith is genuine because it was God who opened his eyes. God showed him the reality of things. This also happened to me five years ago. When God reveals himself to a person there is no turning back because he opens your heart and your only response is to submit to him and to his authority. Its so real that you can't resist it.

I think many people don't think about death because they think that it will occur later in life, but the reality is it can happen anytime. You just might be driving down the street and an old lady runs red light and then you die or cancer, sickness.

When a person dies they will face God and be judged. A person will either be forgiven because he/she believed in Jesus Christ and his words for the forgiveness of sins or be condemed because they did not believe in him.

The Gospel is the Good news because God provided a way to save his people. Instead of pouring his wrath on people, he poured to his one and only son. if you ponder about this it is amazing; God in his great knowledge punished his son in the place of sinners.

But he didn't die for every sinner without exceptiont only to those who believe in him. If a person doesn't believe, God's only choice is condemnation because that person rejected his only means of salvation. He can't let sin go unpunished. It's either he punishes you for your sins or his son took your place of punishment based on if you believed him.

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
prezy4life said:
I think kirk's faith is genuine because it was Mithra who opened his eyes. Mithra showed him the reality of things. This also happened to me five years ago. When Mithra reveals himself to a person there is no turning back because he opens your heart and your only response is to submit to him and to his authority. Its so real that you can't resist it.

I think many people don't think about death because they think that it will occur later in life, but the reality is it can happen anytime. You just might be driving down the street and an old lady runs red light and then you die or cancer, sickness.

When a person dies they will face Mithra and be judged. A person will either be forgiven because he/she believed in Mithra and his words for the forgiveness of sins or be condemed because they did not believe in him.

The Gospel is the Good news because Mithra provided a way to save his people. Instead of pouring his wrath on people, he poured to his one and only son. if you ponder about this it is amazing; Mithra in his great knowledge punished his son in the place of sinners.

But he didn't die for every sinner without exceptiont only to those who believe in him. If a person doesn't believe, Mithra's only choice is condemnation because that person rejected his only means of salvation. He can't let sin go unpunished. It's either he punishes you for your sins or his son took your place of punishment based on if you believed him.
I edited your post and would like you to re-read it, from the perspective of another faith.

·
Rally Hopeful
1997 L White - 2004 STi WRB
560 Posts
Prezy: nice post, that is good news.

Trypticon: I would believe in Mithra if He/she? died, and on their own power raised themselves from the dead, along with that paying my debt of sin. If there were over 500 witnesses of his/her resurrection. If it was all recorded in a book written by over 40 authors spanning hundreds of years on 3 different continents, and not having ONE internal disagreement of vital beliefs. SURE!

Not more than 3, just 3 oups. Hehe (reason for edit)

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it was all recorded in a book written by over 40 authors spanning hundreds of years on more than 3 different continents
Why would an omnipotent God need anyone to write her book?

and not having ONE internal disagreement of vital beliefs
Please state these beliefs.

·
Registered
1999 SUBARU IMPREZA RSTI EJ20K
2,628 Posts
when i saw kirk i was like wtf then i saw cameron and i was like oh what a ***.

good fo him tho

·
Rally Hopeful
560 Posts
Trypticon: Why would a book need to be physically written by humans? So we can read it. God took form physically as Jesus, but his ministry was not to record the events of his life in a book. His mission was to show Gods love for us and provide a perfect payment for sin. I have physical eyes, I need a physical book to read. God used people to write the Bible so that His Word could take physical form. He could (as you said, by saying he is omnipotent) have done it anyway he wanted to, but he chooses to include humans in his work. He desires a relationship with us, thus they way he works is very personal.

·
Rally Hopeful
560 Posts
vital beliefs: Well I would have said that the book entirely agrees with itself, but many people say "No it doesn't" so I said vital beliefs. In reality the entire book agrees with it self, not one contradiction.
Vital Belifs:
-Jesus is God in Human Flesh.
-God desires to have a relationship with us and loves us
-Because of sin we are separated from him (who is perfect(Holy))
-He Loves us and provided a way to enable a relationship with Him again.
-If we Trust in Jesus as the way and payment for our sin, we will have a relationship again.

Pretty much that simple.

·
The Thread Stopper
11 WRX, Matte black
5,783 Posts
Anyone who has seen the Left Behind DVDs knows that Kirk is a born again Christian. I think what he's done is fantastic, because he doesn't come with a notion other than genuine love. I'm not sure his method would stand up to the strictest of critics or secular apologists, but it certainly does have a valid method to preaching the Gospel to those who are as knowledgable of the Christian faith.

Tryp - C'mon dude, if you wanna start a toe-to-toe discussion on the Christian faith, then do so. Your Mithra theory is severely faulted. I know of hte other gods for other beliefs and I don't not pretend to change their name in order to remove their validity (not that they have any really). I don't think a Jew, Muslim, Hare Krishna, Buddhist, Daoist or Wiccan would deny that the Christian God (and only true God) is a named such. The same goes for Jesus.

·
The Truth.
2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
5,390 Posts
Honestly, I think he started out with "Genuine" ideals. But when you go as mainstream as he has gone... I think it has a bit to do with money.

How much does he charge for his books?

·
The Truth.
2006 Infiniti G35 Coupe
5,390 Posts
$100 for CD's worth $2... and that's just for each training course. Basic - Intermediate - Advanced. So $300 to find "The Way of the Master". :rolleyes:

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
OMG555 said:
$100 for CD's worth $2... and that's just for each training course. Basic - Intermediate - Advanced. So $300 to find "The Way of the Master". :rolleyes:

I dont think it has much to do with the money. I'm sure he's set for life just from what he did in his youth. Plus, I wouldnt be surprised if he gave the majority of sales to charity or his church. Also, no one is forcing people to buy it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts