Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question about this about a month ago and finally got the part today and installed it. Well, it sorta works. I programmed the remote like my manual says and the horn will blow like it is supposed to but the locks do nothing. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? I have a 2002 RS and the remote transmitter and keyless unit are from a 99 Outback. I don't want to ramble on so if anyone has any ideas let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Are the doors pre-wired?

I know Honda charges a arm and a **** just to uncover a plate and plug a plate the clock in.

When I did the trunk light in the 99 RS, it was already wired. I just had to plug it in.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I am thinking something is not plugged in. Just my thought. A little more than what ackel offer....:lol:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is supposed to be pre-wired for the keyless entrye so all you have to do is plug in the module. I checked everything over twice and reprogrammed it twice too. I can't figure it out. I'm thinking that I am going to have to break down and buy the $140 kit from subaruparts.com. That would suck since I only have about $35 bucks in the stuff I have now. I'm gonna look at it some more this weekend and go from there.

·
Registered
548 Posts
cb'02RS said:
The car is supposed to be pre-wired for the keyless entrye so all you have to do is plug in the module. I checked everything over twice and reprogrammed it twice too. I can't figure it out. I'm thinking that I am going to have to break down and buy the $140 kit from subaruparts.com. That would suck since I only have about $35 bucks in the stuff I have now. I'm gonna look at it some more this weekend and go from there.
Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts