Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to start yet another keyless entry thread, but I can’t seem to find a good picture of the parts I’m looking for.

I just picked up a 2000 2.5rs a few weeks ago and have been trying to get my keyless entry working since. I’ve gotten underneath the dash and found that I definitely have the keyless entry module and that there are two brown wires (I think, I’m pretty colorblind) that seem to have been snipped (pictured). However, when I connect them together with the key in the “on” position and the driver door open, the locks don’t cycle. Are these the brown wires the correct ones? And could this mean that I’ll need a new keyless entry module? Thanks all in advance!
Wires in question:
40A7114A-433F-40F2-ACB2-746595AB3319.jpeg

Also, there’s this sticker, which I think indicates that the car has an OEM keyless entry unit but I could be mistaken:
CA9C5E12-18D6-4972-AB12-188982ED0A9E.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, so those two wires do look like the correct ones.
However, the reason the doors aren't cycling is because you are missing two 10 amp blade fuses to actually power the module.
When you have both fuses in and turn the car back on, the parking lights/dash will flash in a constant rhythm. This is normal and will also happen when the battery is changed/disconnected.
This should go away once you have programmed your remote or do the following sequence:
  • Press remote transmitter Unlock button once.
  • Turn ignition to the "ON" position and press the programming button for one second
I have circled the fuse holders below in yellow and also attached a schematic from the manual showing the 2 10 amp fuses:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
However, the reason the doors aren't cycling is because you are missing two 10 amp blade fuses to actually power the module.
Oh wow, duh! Thank you for detailing the process, it was exactly what I needed! Do those 10 amp fuses have a certain size, or do they take the same size fuses as those in the fusebox?

·
Registered
2000 impreza 2.5rs sedan, 2017 wrx sti limited
9 Posts
Oh wow, duh! Thank you for detailing the process, it was exactly what I needed! Do those 10 amp fuses have a certain size, or do they take the same size fuses as those in the fusebox?
they use the standard size. plug those two in, connect the brown wires, do the programming sequence, and disconnect the brown wires again.

i left them plugged in once and the whole system would reset and forget my key fob when i pressed the wiper fluid button lol.
once i disconnected those two wires, it’s been working flawlessly since. i believe the name of the fuse size is ATO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they use the standard size. plug those two in, connect the brown wires, do the programming sequence, and disconnect the brown wires again.
Yup, it is a regular size ATO type fuse.
The ones I ended up getting were these.
But I'm sure you can probably find some cheaper ones.
Thanks guys, your help is greatly appreciated! Just got them working in about 5 minutes with the new fuses! For future reference, those 10amp ATO fuses were the correct size, in case anyone else stumbles into the same niche situation as me lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts