Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some of you may know already, I decided to sell the STI to get back in the Supra game. Bought a 1991 MKIII Supra Turbo when I was 17 years old, sold it when I was 19 to move out to Colorado, and bought a beater Ford Explorer. Saved up my money and bought an STI when I was 21. Have missed Supras ever since! Like they say, when you buy a Subaru, you catch the bug forever. Well, it's the exact same when it comes to Supras for me.

This time around I finally had the opportunity and funding to buy a JZA80 Supra, the one I've always wanted. I searched for months trying to find the best low mileage example, found a few I was about to purchase, was a day away from buying a different one when an ad popped up for a black, bone stock, NEVER modified, 1998 Twin Turbo 6-speed Targa with only 13.9k miles, and only 30 MILES AWAY FROM MY HOME. I nearly had a heart attack, called the guy at midnight because I was so excited, and made the deal on the car the next day. The original owner is a woman who drove it up until 2006, who then sold it to an older car collector that never drove it and kept it in storage, then 4 years later or so, was sold to the latest owner, who trailered it back to Texas and also stored it on a battery tender and under a car cover. The car has been driven 1,600 miles since 2006, only to keep it in good mechanical condition. Needless to say, it's as close as you'll find to a like-new JZA80(MKIV) Supra. It's flawless. Body, paint, interior, engine bay, everything.

This car entered the U.S. at the port in Jacksonville, FL, where I was born. Then, the car was bought new in 98' from a lady at a dealership in Fort Myers, FL, where my parents and family all lived/still live. Then it was bought by the most recent owner, who as I said, lives a town over from me. It's almost like the car followed me my whole life... just waiting for me to find it. :lol:. Needless to say, I'm in love with this car.

Just a few pictures for now, once the insurance process is over and I get it registered, I'll go out for a photoshoot and get some better shots. Most of the pictures in this first post are taken by the previous owner.

Enjoy.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,282 Posts
Very nice, I'm not going to ask what you paid but I'm sure its worth it. :) I would watch that battery carefully for leaks around the terminals that could damage the car. If it were mine, I'd swap it out to a quality agm type to prevent possible leakage. Small investment to keep that beauty pristine.

·
Scooter Stunt Man
1999 2.5OBS
422 Posts
This is the best example of a perfect Supra I have ever seen. Its so clean! I mean its seriously godlike clean. The story how you got it makes it even more awesome. Glad to see you found exactly what you were looking for. Its a great satisfaction finding, buying, and owning your dream car. Congrats buddy.

·
Registered
97 Acadia Green OBS
126 Posts
2jz? No shit?

I had a co worker with one of those. Hated it as a daily (He also had an 800hp Starion and a 450ish hp STi...) but it put down like 1100hp and about made me piss myself when he let me drive it one day.

Was definitely nowhere near as clean as yours. Very nice car.

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's way better of a daily than the STI ever was, but this one certainly won't be daily'd. Thanks for the complements :)

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
whats your dd now? i hope you are thinking something of the gc nature?
Going to drive this and see how many miles I actually accumulate on it, then I'll think about buying a second car. And yes, I'd love a RS coupe as a daily.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering what a bone stock Supra dynos, here is my dyno chart. This was in 100 degree Texas weather.

300whp/285wtq

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, couldn't help myself, time for BPU. Bought the first mods for the Supra today. She's going to lose her virginity pretty soon.

In the mail soon will be:
-A'PEXi N1 ExTi (titanium) catback exhaust 3.75"
-RMM 3" downpipe
-"Max Air" Intake Air Box
-GReddy 52mm electronic boost gauge

Will need to control the extra boost, so soon I'll be ordering:
-Boost Cut Defender
-Boost controller

Will be a little while before I install it all, will enjoy being stock for a bit longer.

Exciting none-the-less. :)

·
Premium Member
96 GF4 " Bruiser"
3,540 Posts
damn thats clean. Please stick to BPU's with a small single. i hate when crazy clean mk4's get a snail the size of the moon, and have 1100hp and are shit slow to drive on the street and terrifying to try and go fast.

·
Registered
2001 BRP 2.5rs
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn thats clean. Please stick to BPU's with a small single. i hate when crazy clean mk4's get a snail the size of the moon, and have 1100hp and are shit slow to drive on the street and terrifying to try and go fast.
Thank you!

You're right, I won't be touching the engine, and will be keeping the stock twins. This car is way too clean to rape with mods. At first I was just going to get a catback exhaust to make some noise, but I figured I might as well get some power out of it and go full TBE. The big single'd cars have their place, but not on a museum piece like this. :)

1 - 20 of 196 Posts