Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,159 Posts

Do you mean plastic strut top covers like these? If so, you can find them randomly on 90-99 Subaru Legacys in the junkyard. I think the higher trim ones could have them, and the air-suspension ones definately had them. They do fit GCs.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Yeah, actually, those look like they'd fit the bill perfectly. If anyone sees any or has any for sale, please let me know. The junkyards around here suck! I get jealous seeing what you guys on the left coast, especially in Oregon and Washington, have access to.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
So, I pulled my USDM 06-07 WRX calipers out of storage. I was gearing up to take them to a local powder-coater and realized that I might need some other parts to make these work on my car. I have a set of Kartboy rear caliper adaptors. I assume these replace the steel OEM RS rear caliper mounting brackets. I'm not sure what I do for the front. Do I just utilize the OEM RS mounting brackets to mount the USDM 06-07 WRX front calipers to the RS hubs or do I also need to purchase a set of USDM front caliper mounting brackets to get everything up and running? I'm sort of hoping for some insight without having to run out to the garage, jack up the RS, and take the wheels off the car to eyeball the WRX front calipers vs. the OEM RS calipers - I'm lazy but at least I'm honest...The WRX calipers are in a box just sort of staring back at me next to my desktop as I type this, so I started typing for some insight while it was fresh in my head.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,159 Posts
The fronts "just bolt up"

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
^^^
The fronts "just bolt up" - Do you mean the front calipers bolt directly to the hub without use of the RS caliper mounting bracket, or any mounting bracket, or do the 4 pots utilize the RS mounting bracket?
For anyone interested in 4 pot / 2 pot upgrades, there's a lot of information including part numbers in this thread. I am sober now and actually used the "Search" feature, however, I am still unclear as to the answer to the above question.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts