Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Does anyone know if the center "grey" portion of the seats are alcantara or not? I'd like to give these a thorough cleaning but I don't want to ruin them.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Nice, whered you find them?
Link? Nm, reread your journal.
Car looks so good.
Sorry, I forgot about the link. I know you have set of gc010e wheels - 47 mm flat caps are what I ordered. I had to minimally scuff the outside perimeter of the center caps with a file to make them fit properly but I think it's because the powdercoat on the wheels and the center caps was put on so thick. 45 mm was too small.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,015 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about the link. I know you have set of gc010e wheels - 47 mm flat caps are what I ordered. I had to minimally scuff the outside perimeter of the center caps with a file to make them fit properly but I think it's because the powdercoat on the wheels and the center caps was put on so thick. 45 mm was too small.

Awsome, thanks.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
397 Posts
Yeah, that'd be super helpful. There's a bunch of different sites that sell generic black carpeted floormats - many say compatible year Imprezas for the mats are 2000-2007, but who knows.
I'll try and remember to check when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Appreciate it.
Sorry for the delay, my cars are in two different places. I took the GD STi mats from my Forester and brought them home with me to put in the RS. They fit pretty well. They don't follow the tunnel exactly, but close enough.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Have you given a go at cleaning your seats yet? I need to clean the set I have, but I don't want to mess up the center portion. I have a Bissell carpet cleaner, but might be too aggressive for the soft fabric.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
^^^ I haven't - I'm in the same boat. I'll have to do some researc on cleaning - I definitely don't want to mess these up. If I come across any info I'll just post it up here.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Sounds good, thanks! I just have them stored away right now anyways

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
In regard to cleaning Alcantara, I found this on youtube which seemed pretty insightful and well explained:'

81 - 93 of 93 Posts