Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Does anyone know if the center "grey" portion of the seats are alcantara or not? I'd like to give these a thorough cleaning but I don't want to ruin them.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Nice, whered you find them?
Link? Nm, reread your journal.
Car looks so good.
Sorry, I forgot about the link. I know you have set of gc010e wheels - 47 mm flat caps are what I ordered. I had to minimally scuff the outside perimeter of the center caps with a file to make them fit properly but I think it's because the powdercoat on the wheels and the center caps was put on so thick. 45 mm was too small.

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,107 Posts
Sorry, I forgot about the link. I know you have set of gc010e wheels - 47 mm flat caps are what I ordered. I had to minimally scuff the outside perimeter of the center caps with a file to make them fit properly but I think it's because the powdercoat on the wheels and the center caps was put on so thick. 45 mm was too small.

Awsome, thanks.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
414 Posts
Yeah, that'd be super helpful. There's a bunch of different sites that sell generic black carpeted floormats - many say compatible year Imprezas for the mats are 2000-2007, but who knows.
I'll try and remember to check when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Appreciate it.
Sorry for the delay, my cars are in two different places. I took the GD STi mats from my Forester and brought them home with me to put in the RS. They fit pretty well. They don't follow the tunnel exactly, but close enough.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Have you given a go at cleaning your seats yet? I need to clean the set I have, but I don't want to mess up the center portion. I have a Bissell carpet cleaner, but might be too aggressive for the soft fabric.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
^^^ I haven't - I'm in the same boat. I'll have to do some researc on cleaning - I definitely don't want to mess these up. If I come across any info I'll just post it up here.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sounds good, thanks! I just have them stored away right now anyways

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
In regard to cleaning Alcantara, I found this on youtube which seemed pretty insightful and well explained:'

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Can anyone recommend a good valve spring compression tool? I wanna get started on installing my Delta cams and Supertech valves. I looked at the Company23 valve spring compression tool, which looked like a nice tool, but after reading about specifications, is only applicable for DOHC engines. This looked like a nicely constructed, simple, and effective tool. Has anyone used anything similar or comparable to this in recent years. Old stickys on this forum seem dated regarding this aspect of our engines. Lemmie know what ya got. Thanks.

·
Registered
Wrapped 2000 RS Sedan
16 Posts
Followed this, love the car and the build.
How did you do the wing delete? What did you use to plug the holes in the trunk lid?

·
Registered
414 Posts
This is the valve spring tool I used when I did the head gaskets on my old coupe as well as when I did them on my wife's Forester. Super simple and easy to use. It's also not expensive.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Followed this, love the car and the build.
How did you do the wing delete? What did you use to plug the holes in the trunk lid?
Thanks. When I had her in for paint a while back I asked the shop to remove the wing and fill the holes, so they were welded. I'm pretty sure an L trunk lid should be the same...except without the holes.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
This is the valve spring tool I used when I did the head gaskets on my old coupe as well as when I did them on my wife's Forester. Super simple and easy to use. It's also not expensive.

So do you just use some physical force and push on the retainers to release the collets or do you have to actually strike the tool with a hammer to get enough force to release them?

·
Registered
414 Posts
I think they tell you to use a big soft blow hammer, but you can do it by just pressing down on it with your hands really hard. It goes pretty quick once you figure it out. It's definitely easier releasing the keepers than putting them back on though.

·
Super Moderator
2000 RSTi
1,152 Posts
I used that same tool, with a hammer. It was on a dohc ej20k though.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts