Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks! Just a few small things to do on the exterior - antenna delete, gotta replace the missing Prodrive logos on the centercaps, and then decide if I want to put the rear spats and full aeroguards on tbat I have lying around. Although I'm not entirely sure I'm gonna use them...

·
Registered
00rs and 97 GF8 L wagon
802 Posts
Nice job. This gives me more motivation to repaint my car. If you don't mind sharing. How much does did it cost to repaint and body work? Also, how hard was it to find a reputable shop that is not going to cut corners? I've been looking and they all seem to try to "hustle" me. Thanks

·
Registered
'95 JDM WRX wagon 2.5T
248 Posts
Using 2pot's alignment recommendations with the Whiteline KCA335 off-set top mounts and the Type RA Subaru rear mounts, my alignment guy started with zero front toe and gave me negative 1.75 degree camber in the front and negative 1.25 degree negative camber in the rear, due to the minimal amount of play in the rear lower bolt holes. I really need to drive the car to see if I want any adjustment but I'm going to wait on judgement until I have the 20 mm rear sway bar, Whiteline front and rear sway bar bushings, and Whiteline front and rear sway bar endlinks installed along with wheels and tires. We shall see....
A 20mm bar is roughly 4 x stiffer than the 13mm.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
^^^ Yeah - I've got that lying around the garage - need to install it and ring her out! Incidentally the pics I recently added are how she sits after installing all the suspension bits that you recommended and the spring kit you sold me. The only thing left is the 20 mm rear bar. Thanks for all the help on that front, by the way. I'm super happy with the handling.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I'll post a link later - apparently the gatekeeper administration here at work feels that ebay.com is a security risk! Unbelievable.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
"I think he may have meant that he was trying to do this from his work's network, and their network blocked eBay? "
This.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Any recommendations on replacement floormats. I'd like to get black, carpeted mats that actually fit the floor contours if possible and if the driver mat actually uses the floor clip next to the trunk / gas door release, that would be awesome. I don't know if the black 04-07 WRX mats would fit the bill or not - they seem to be readily available.

·
Registered
2001 SRP RS Coupe, 05 FXT
397 Posts
Those are some clean looking V5/6 seats! I bought some GD STi black floor mats, but haven't put them in my car yet. I have the same set in my Forester, so I could check the fitment for you.

·
Registered
2000 RS Coupe
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Those are some clean looking V5/6 seats! I bought some GD STi black floor mats, but haven't put them in my car yet. I have the same set in my Forester, so I could check the fitment for you.
Yeah, that'd be super helpful. There's a bunch of different sites that sell generic black carpeted floormats - many say compatible year Imprezas for the mats are 2000-2007, but who knows.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts